The Substance memes

The Substance is a wild film, but the only thing wilder are these memes about it

‘Demi Moore’s coat in The Substance is the best performance of a coat since JLo’s in Hustlers’

The Substance has been pretty much permanently viral since Coralie Fargeat’s body horror hit cinemas. Nobody could quite believe what they’d witnessed, and to be honest – the Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley masterpiece was just so iconic from start to finish with instantly meme-worthy moments it’s literally zero shock to me that the posts about The Substance have been utterly hilarious. Since the memes are coming thick and fast, here’s a rundown of all the funniest The Substance posts from Twitter.

1. They were sick of Elisabeth Sparkle

2. It gives me that BUZZ

3. Heavenly teeth fair play

4. Justice for her imo 

5. It was giving D.I.Y. SOS

6. Pure holy cinema

7. Just audibly gasped and then gagged at my desk

8. Just fell to my knees

9. They were so real for that

10. Oh pack this in I am cackling

11. Life imitates art it seems

12. I felt uproarious it must be said

13. Oh I’m slurping

14. Actually funny Twitter accounts for a film we are blessed

15. Bonafide scene stealer

16. The fact Demi Moore put this tweet on her Instagram 

17. The gorgeous and kind Sue

18. Need these dogs in the inevitable sequel

19. I will never forgive this film for what it did to my Glenn Close

20. Pack this in right this second 

21. We’ll leave this here cause I don’t think it gets better than this

The Substance starring Demi Moore and Margaret Qualley is in cinemas now. For more like this on The Substance plus all the latest news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Tab on Facebook.