He’s positively awful, so here are all of Gabriel’s biggest red flags in Emily in Paris

I could list them for days

If you haven’t seen the full season of Emily in Paris by now, where have you been? Part two of the newest season hit us with some pretty big moments: Alfie has a girlfriend (which is heartbreaking, and I will not be leaving the house for at least two weeks), we get introduced and fall in love with Marcello, and arguably most importantly, Gabriel and Emily have broken up. We have been introduced to some new characters, such as Marcello and Genevieve, who have stirred up the lives of the Parisians.

But what is still clear even through the breakup is that Emily and Gabriel’s relationship is so toxic. I mean, having a relationship which started with Gabriel sneaking around behind Camille’s back isn’t ideal. And Gabriel’s red flags shine through. From the fact that he is having another woman’s baby to spending Christmas with his ex’s family instead of his girlfriend, here are the biggest red flags of Gabriel in Emily in Paris.

He has major communication problems

via Netflix

Okay Emily doesn’t speak French. But in the argument in the restaurant (which was wrongly translated by Genevieve, who is not a girl’s girl), he literally lets out everything he has wanted to say for months. Emily is open with him and always the last to know about his life. But maybe she should spend a little longer on Duolingo.

He is literally having another woman’s baby

via Netflix

Nothing else really needs to be said here does it. Big problem. But as Timothy said, life wouldn’t have gotten any easier for them when he was a dad, and it looks like Emily would continue to be second choice.

Even when it turned out that Camille wasn’t actually pregnant, everything started to get worse when Gabriel found out he was going to be a dad.

Everything that happened whilst skiing

gabriel red flags emily in paris

via Netflix

I would probably go to Rome with Marcello if I had been left up a mountain by my boyfriend. Emily can be annoying but we’re on her side here.

Copying and pasting the Christmas traditions with his ex with his new girlfriend

gabriel red flags emily in paris

via Netflix

Classic toxic man behaviour. Not only did he choose to spend Christmas with his ex’s family instead of his girlfriends, he also did the same walk around the town he did with Camille that he does with Emily. She does deserve more.

He’s a chef

gabriel red flags emily in paris

via Netflix

Might be a bit personal, but never trust a man who’s a chef. Or anything else for that matter.

His toxic relationship with his ex

gabriel red flags emily in paris

via Netflix

Ok – being friends with your ex isn’t a red flag in itself. But having her baby, spending Christmas with her family instead of Emily’s and putting her first is. I mean, his ex literally said “I wish I had you to myself at Christmas”. Personally, this is more of a hard NO than a red flag. Personally, Gabriel’s “friendship” with Camille is showing a lack of commitment to Emily.

He only wants Emily when he can’t have her

gabriel red flags emily in paris

via Netflix

Whether it’s when she was trying to patch things up with Alfie or when she finally put her life before her job in Rome, Gabriel only wants Emily when she has moved on from him. Major red flag; maybe if he put the effort in in the first place, he wouldn’t be in this position.

Emily in Paris is available on Netflix now – For more like this look at the red flags of Gabriel in Emily in Paris and for all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.