Netflix’s next true crime is about TikTokers lured into a cult by fake management company

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult is out next week

Netflix has a wild true crime coming later this month, and you’re definitely going to want to sit down for this one. Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult tells the shocking story of a group of TikTokers who were lured into a cult that posed as a management company.

The three-part Netflix series is out next week, and tells the story of some of the creators who got caught up in 7M – a company which posed as management for the young TikTokers. Here’s what you need to know ahead of the show being released on Netflix.

Dancing for the Devil The 7M TikTok Cult on Netflix

via Netflix

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult shares the story of a group of prominent TikTok creators

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult focuses around a group of creators, caught up with a company called 7M. 7M has previously been accused of being a cult, led by founder Robert Shinn who is also the pastor of the Shekinah Church. He has been accused of coercively controlling dancers and isolating them from their friends and family.

The doc focuses heavily on the Wilking sisters, Miranda and Melanie, who were passionate about dance since childhood. Miranda and Melanie found success as a duo on social media, raking in millions of TikTok followers and huge brand partnerships.

In 2019, however, Miranda started spending more time with members of her church-affiliated talent management company that represented her. Eventually, she cut off contact with her family completely, leading her loved ones to believe there was more happening behind the scenes.

via Netflix

The Netflix synopsis reads: “A group of prominent TikTok dancers are trapped in a cult masquerading as a management company called 7M. Among them is Miranda Wilking, whose family is desperately trying to get their daughter out. As other dancers and former members escape and work to rebuild their lives, it isn’t until they come together to try and put a stop to the cycle of their abuser that the real healing begins.

“This three part documentary series from director Derek Doneen, Dirty Robber and WV Alternative exposes the diabolical tactics used by cult-like organisations to exert control over people as well as the lengths families will go to keep their loved ones safe.”

Watch the trailer for Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult on Netflix here:

Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult is available on Netflix from May 29th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.