Bella Hadid boyfriend cowgirl

Saddle up and look inside Bella Hadid’s new cowgirl life with her Rodeo star boyfriend

The most yee-haw vibe shift ever

It seems like everybody is in their country era right now: Beyoncé is bringing out her Cowboy Carter album, Pitbull is duetting with Dolly Parton and Bella Hadid has put  her hectic modelling life on pause to retreat to the rural ranches of Texas.

So, in case you’re wondering what in the yee-haw is going on with our once Depop vintage girlie icon, here’s everything you need to know about Bella Hadid’s new cowgirl life and her Rodeo star boyfriend Adan Banuelos-Ray:

So, why exactly has Bella rebranded herself from biggest super model in the world to cowgirl?

Bella Hadid might have completed the seemingly impossible task of becoming the first cool horse girl in the history of time. But, on first glance, it does seem like a kind of random career pivot.

At the start of this year there were rumours Bella would make her long-awaited runway comeback in Paris after taking time off to treat her Lyme disease. However, Bella instead spent January taking part in a cutting competition, which is sort of like a Western equestrian competition.

“Never stop trying new things. I feel lucky enough to have the opportunity to keep learning in life,” Bella wrote on Instagram alongside pics of her riding her horse Tito in a Limited Amateur category of the competition.

Her love for riding shouldn’t actually be that surprising as Bella spent the first ten years of her life on a ranch and originally planned to join the Olympic equestrian team in 2017 before her Lyme disease diagnosis.

“My devotion stemmed from my mom’s love of horses. I have been riding since I could walk and the fact that my mom knew everything about horses really helped my passion grow,” Bella previously told Porter Magazine, adding horse riding helped her to “maintain balance” in her hectic life.

And who actually is Bella Hadid’s new rodeo star boyfriend Adan Banuelos-Ray?

In February, Bella went Instagram official with her Texan cowboy boyfriend Adan Banuelos-Ray. They’ve been seen holding hands, looking lovingly into each other’s eyes, celebrating her birthday in matching outfits and cheering each other on at their respective riding competitions. Every photo literally looks like a still from a Western style rom com. Like, we can’t believe this is actually real.

Although it’s not been officially confirmed how Bella and Adan originally met, we do know that Adan is actually Bella’s trainer and coached her to win third place at her cutting competition in January.

To give you the low down: Adan is 34, Mexican-American, works as a horse trainer and made it into the the National Cutting Horse Association Riders [NCHA] Hall of Fame when he was only 28 (who even knew that was a thing). According to Adan’s Instagram bio, he’s a “6 million dollar rider”, having made that much from his competition earnings alone. No wonder Bella wanted him as her teacher.

According to Adan’s website banulosperformance.com, “Growing up in a large Mexican-American family he was taught the importance of family, hard work, and how to be a horseman,” which is so Bella’s vibe. This actually makes total sense.