Griselda house

Ok, what happened to Griselda’s multi-million pound Miami mansion after she fled the city?

She knew how to throw a party

Griselda has had everyone in a chokehold since the show dropped on Netflix. The story of drug lord Griselda Blanco – commonly known as “The Godmother” – starring Sofia Vergara and set in the ’70s and ’80s? Like, of course it’s going to be filled with drama, deaths and absolutely massive houses.

And, while we might have seen one of Griselda’s homes (spoiler!) blown to smithereens in a humungous inferno attack, there are still numerous other houses in her multi-million pound property empire, which the police were slowly raiding one by one on the show.

So, in case you’re curious what happened to Griselda’s Miami mansions, here’s everything you need to know:

Griselda house

Credit: Netflix

At one point, Griselda had a net worth of around £25million. So, it’s not surprising she had multiple properties to enjoy and use in her drug operation in Miami and the surrounding areas. In the show, we see police officer June Hawkins take down one of her houses in Fort Lauderdale but there were plenty more mansions and motels to take down.

Griselda Blanco house

Credit: Netflix

Griselda owned real estate in Miami and Colombia, including a 1,500-square-meter mansion with an 800-square-meter garden in the Lombary urbanization of Medellin, according to Colombia Reports. She was also known to have purchased an apartment complex worth over £25million.

The publication reports at least 20 other properties owned by Griselda have been found in registry office documentrs in Bogota and Cartagena. However, authorities estimate she could have as many as 200 houses in Colombia, including farms in Uraba, estates in Medellin, Bello, Envigado and San Cristobal.

Despite working with large amounts of cash and buying her property with the money she earned from her drug operations, Griselda still paid mortgage payments on some of the properties she owned.

Griselda Blanco house

Credit: Netflix

So, what happened to Griselda’s property empire?

When Griselda was arrested, law enforcement in Miami seized her properties in the US. And, when she died, the same thing happened in Colombia, with assets worth over £100million. However, it’s thought some of Griselda’s assets, including property, still remain uncovered.

Griselda Blanco house

Credit: Netflix

In the Netflix series about Griselda, the show’s production designer Knut Loewe revealed he wanted Griselda’s houses to have their own look – away from the standard pink Florida aesthetic:

“We need to showcase a progression of power and wealth. As the story unfolds, it becomes evident that she’s experienced financial success and has the ability to hire interior designers to reflect what she feels she deserves,” he told Architectural Digest.

“Griselda really invented a way to bring the product into the country and how you can distribute it. That’s why her houses represent her back story.”