diane the traitors

Who is Diane from The Traitors? The retired teacher who’s already reached icon status

Her son is a famous actor who was in Game of Thrones!

The long awaited and highly anticipated second season of The Traitors aired last night with the first three episodes immediately dropping on iPlayer for all your binging needs and already there is one contestant that the whole internet is absolutely obsessed with, Diane. From her first appearance on our screens Diane looked quite unassuming with her ginger bob and subtle Northern Irish accent but you’d be a fool for underestimating her as she’s already established herself as an absolute menace and the most iconic contestant this season, and potentially ever only rivalled by the likes of Amanda from season one.

So far, she’s not missed a trick and has been watching her fellow contestants like a hawk. Whilst she is wrong about Anthony who she’s currently on a man hunt to get banished, she did immediately pick up on the fact that Harry’s vibes had changed from the second he was selected as a Traitor. I just know we’re in for an absolute treat having Diane in this season of The Traitors, so here’s everything you need to know about her:

Diane is 63 years old and is from Northern Ireland

Diane is 63 years old and is originally from Northern Ireland but moved to Lancashire over 20 years ago with her children. On why she applied for The Traitors, Diane said: “Mainly because my children said I could never do something like this! We started watching series one together and l just loved the idea of the challenge. I thought it would be great to have a go and see if I could do it.”

Before she retired, she used to be a teacher and boy can you tell

Diane is a retired teacher and she just absolutely radiates teacher vibes. She’s been watching all the other contestants like a hawk and doesn’t miss a trick, immediately sensing from Harry from the very moment he was picked to be a Traitor that something about him had changed. I just know if I was in her class I would have got all A*. Ofsted didn’t watch her, she watched them.

Her son is an actor who was in of Game of Thrones

Diane’s son is actor Kerr Logan who is best known for playing Matthos Seaworth in Game of Thrones from 2011 until 2019. Aside from the HBO series, Kerr is also known as playing James McDermott in Margaret Atwood’s Alias Grace on Netflix, Mathew Cunliffe in JK Rowling’s series Strike on BBC, and Conor Lynch in Lisa McGee’s London Irish on Channel 4. Kerr is married to fellow actress Sara Vickers and they have one child.

He didn’t know Diane was going to be on the show until it aired

On January 2nd, Kerr tweeted the promo photo for the second series of The Traitors which features all the contestants, including Diane, with the caption: “I’m not joking….. a family member of mine is in this photo and I’ve only just found out.” Then during last night’s episode he revealed his connection to the show, sharing a photo of Diane and saying: “My mother is on the traitors. My mother is on the traitors. My mother is on the traitors. She’s bonkers. I’m scared.” Kerr has since been absolutely lapping up all the memes about his mum, replying to and retweeting his favourite ones. 

The first three episodes of The Traitors UK series are available on iPlayer now. For more like this and the best music, reality TV and entertainment news, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

The Traitors is back! Prove you’re a faithful and laugh at these 22 first episode memes

• All the best moments from The Traitors series one that made it an instant classic

• From a chess coach to a clairvoyant: Meet the full cast of The Traitors series two

Featured images via BBC.