The Bear season three release date

Casting and chaos: All we know about The Bear season three’s release date

I have never been more ready for anything

The Bear has been one of the most talked about series of the past two years, despite being released alongside Succession, The White Lotus, BEEF and The Last of Us. Simply, the show’s story-telling is phenomenal, character development heart-wrenching and the internet’s Jeremy Allen White fixation endless.

Since season two started to stream on Disney+ this summer, everyone has immediately had one question for The Bear’s producers: When are we getting season three? Last we saw of Carmy, he was locked in a freezer. That can’t be the way this chaotic sandwich shop family drama ends.

So, in case you’re wondering exactly when we’ll be back in the kitchen with the Berzattos, here’s everything we know about the upcoming third series of The Bear:

So, when exactly is The Bear season three’s release date?

The Bear was officially renewed for season three by FX and Hulu this November, which is pretty unsurprisingly given season two secured a perfect 100 per cent score on Rotten Tomatoes.

There hasn’t been an official release date announced for The Bear season three yet, but the first and second seasons were rolled out in June and July, one year after the other. The show was confirmed this week to be starting production in early 2024, meaning – if they work fast, kitchen style – we could expect season three late next summer.

And what should we expect from The Bear season three?

After Carmy’s speech at the end of season two, it’s likely The Bear season three could focus on rebuilding the head chef’s relationship with Claire.

Carmy’s sister Natalie (aka Sugar) is also close to giving birth, which could cause further family tension after her husband Pete accidentally revealed to the Berzatto siblings’  estranged mother she was pregant.

Showrunner Christoper Storer has also teased to Esquire that Ayo Edebiri, who plays Sydney will be directing some new episodes of The Bear. “It was also great having Ayo [Edebiri] on set with me that week,” he said. “She’s going to direct a few episodes next year so she was an important set of fresh eyes.”

And who exactly is going to be in The Bear season three?

As far as we know, The Bear cast are all returning for the shows first season and Jeremy Allen White even outlined to Deadline how keen he was to have more amazing guest stars – like Jamie Lee Curtis, Olivia Coleman and Will Poulter – come back and take part in the next season of the show. And, apparently, Sam Rockwell and John Turturro are other dream actors to get involved with the show.