Taylor Swift Travis relationship PR

All the times Taylor Swift and Travis’ relationship has been purely for the PR

Swifties please don’t come for me

Taylor Swift really pulled out all the stops to show her and Travis are relationship goals this weekend, but I’m a cynic and I think it’s all for PR. Now before you start trying to find my address and take me down, just hear me out on this one.

Okay so, whilst I do think it’s an actual relationship and they do seem very cute, there are 100 per cent some deliberate calculated moments between them that are for the PR. Taylor Swift may very well be in love with Travis, but we can’t forget that first and foremost she’s a businesswoman. After all, you don’t get to be a billionaire by not making sure your every move is calculated.

Let’s run through every Travis and Taylor Swift moment together that I think was orchestrated purely for the PR, and yes both Hiddleswift, Joe Alywn and even Matty Healy himself will be brought up during this so take this time to mentally prepare yourself.

And before you ask me why I think she’s doing so much PR for this relationship, all I’m going to say is that just back in May, Taylor described she had “never been this happy,” whilst she was with Matty AKA Ratty Healy. Matty Healy has said some very controversial things, and I think a lot of this is Taylor trying to distance herself from being with him and his opinions. I said what I said.

So, here are some of the times I think Taylor Swift has put her PR master plan into action when it comes to her relationship with Travis.

The dramatic sprint into his arms

If you somehow haven’t seen this video on your TikTok or Twitter feed then god bless you. The video shows Taylor waving to fans at the end of her concert in Argentina before dramatically sprinting into Travis’ arms. And yes, it is very cute so let’s get that out of the way.

But doesn’t this move seem sort of familiar? Perhaps you’re getting a sense of deja vu? And if you are then it’s no wonder, because she did this exact same move in the Netflix film Miss Americana where she ran off stage to hug Joe.

But because the Swifties are now team Travis they are all praising how he hugged Taylor, whilst saying what a rubbish job Joe did at hugging her because, wait for it, he was wearing a cap. That’s right ladies and gents, because Joe was wearing a cap it meant he was “embarrassed to be seen with her” apparently.

As for why I think this is PR? Taylor knows when she is and isn’t being watched. I mean this is the woman who literally sneaks into her shows into a popcorn cart to not be seen. I honestly think she knew that Swifties would compare this hug to the one she had with Joe, making them love Travis even more. She really is the queen of PR.

The lyric change on Karma

Taylor originally wrote Karma about her ex Joe Alywn, with one of the lyrics saying, “Karma is the guy on the screen, coming straight home to me.” But at her most recent concert in Argentina, she changed it to honour Travis, singing “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs, coming straight home to me.”

And yes, everyone is eating it up, but it just screams PR to me. It helps boost plays on the original song and also sort of shades Joe whilst promoting her new relationship.

Travis wearing clothes to promote Taylor’s new album

When Travis left one of his Chief games hand in hand with Taylor Swift, eagle-eyed fans spotted that he was wearing a matching set that was 100 per cent a PR move to help promote Taylor’s then-upcoming album release.

Travis wore a white and blue splattered paint set by KidSuper Studios called the 1989 Bedroom Painting set. And whilst he absolutely killed this fit, it was a definite PR move. Swifties love easter eggs and they love Travis, so combining the two to help boost interest in the release was a genius move from Taylor.

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.