Lizzo update law suit

Lizzo sued by another ex-employee on the same day she receives humanitarian award

The lawsuit alleges an environment of bullying, harassment and racial discrimination

It’s only been six weeks since Lizzo’s dancers filed a law suit against her for sexual harassment and hostile working conditions. And now – a month after she sued them back for malicious prosecution – the singer has been named in another lawsuit, filed by another former employee.

Hours before Lizzo was meant to be accepting a humanitarian award for “amplifying Black voices”, fashion deisnger Asha Daniels filed a suit with the Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming Lizzo had allowed bullying, harassment and racial discrimination to happen in her work place. Lizzo’s representatives denied all claims.

“I felt like I was living in a madhouse,” Asha told NBC News the day before filing the lawsuit against Lizzo and the rest of her team. “It was totally shocking. I was listening to this Black woman on this huge stage have this message of self-love and caring for others and being empathetic and being strong and standing up for others. And I was witnessing myself, the dancers and the background vocalists and my local team in every city be harassed and bullied regularly,” she claimed.

Lizzo’s reps have called all of Asha’s claims “bogus” and “absurd” and questioned the timing of her filing:

“As Lizzo receives a Humanitarian Award tonight from the Black Music Action Coalition for the incredible charitable work she has done to lift up all people, an ambulance-chasing lawyer tries to sully this honour by recruiting someone to file a bogus, absurd publicity-stunt lawsuit who, wait for it, never actually met or even spoke with Lizzo,” her spokesperson Stefan Friedman told NBC News.

“We will pay this as much attention as it deserves. None.”