Wait – is a Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift collab actually coming? A very serious investigation

The two are teasing it and the Swifties and Barbz are going feral

If you thought the fact that Taylor Swift has collaborated with Google for her brain melting 1989 (Taylor’s Version) puzzles as fans try and decrypt the Vault tracks and get into the goodies was enough to dwell on, you’d be wrong. Now, Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj are apparently teasing a collab and of course both the Barbz and the Swifties are going feral. And honestly, I think they have reason to – here are all the signs that Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj are about to release a collab.

First clue: VMAs

When Nicki Minaj presented Taylor Swift with an award, Taylor made a big effort to name Nicki as her “favourite Sagittarius.” Nicki also reacts in a gagged way – so with the clues yet to come, it feels like Taylor was teasing something big here.

Nicki tweeting THIS

Something is UP. Potentially the first Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj teaser for the collab.

Sagittarius Google vault puzzle clue

If this isn’t the confirmation you need that something’s afoot, I don’t know what is.

Because of all this, it’s heavily rumoured that Nicki Minaj is going to have a feature on one of the five From The Vault songs coming on 1989 (Taylor’s Version) when Taylor Swift releases it next month.

Taylor said on Instagram last month: ““Surprise!! 1989 (Taylor’s Version) is on its way to you The 1989 album changed my life in countless ways, and it fills me with such excitement to announce that my version of it will be out October 27th. To be perfectly honest, this is my most FAVORITE re-record I’ve ever done because the 5 From The Vault tracks are so insane. I can’t believe they were ever left behind. But not for long!”

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.