Taylor Swift Google vault 1989

Taylor Swift is causing chaos with her Google Vault puzzles, so here’s how to solve them

Feel like I’m completing a Tomb Raider level just to get the 1989 (Taylor’s Version) tracklist

Last night, Taylor Swift revealed herself as Jigsaw from the Saw franchise in many ways with a complex new puzzle in collaboration with Google that will steadily unveil the tracklist for the From The Vault section of 1989 (Taylor’s Version). Taylor Swift has always been known for her cryptic clues and riddles, but this takes it to another level – with fans scrambling to decode the puzzle to get our greedy little Swiftie hands on the songs. But what actually is the Taylor Swift 1989 Vault Google puzzle, and how the hell do you solve it? Are some answers already out? We’ve got you covered.

Right, what’s going on?

When you type Taylor Swift into the search bar on Google, a lovely seasidey little blue vault will appear. The vault then gives you a riddle to solve, with a jumble of letters that make up the words of what will be song titles in the From The Vault of 1989 (Taylor’s Version), when Swift releases it next month. When I joined in, I got “She Lost Him”, and when I played the puzzle again I got “Pen Click”.

When you’ve worked out what you think the song title will be, search it in the Google bar and Google will tell you if you got it right or not. It will also reveal that Taylor Swift is using the Vault puzzle on Google for 1989 to count how many searches each correct answer gets, and when it reaches the small sum of 33 million searches the Taylor vault shall open.

As I’m writing this, it currently has just over 22 million searches globally. Not long to go! Other clues include  “I Love You,” “All You Had to Do Was Stay,” “Karma Music Video,” “Likes, Job, Whereabouts Were Studied Intently.”

What’s going on with Nicki Minaj, whilst we’re here?

Swifties think Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift are teasing a collab that will sit in the vault tracks. Both are teasing stuff, one of the clues is the symbol for Sagittarius and at the VMAs they called each other “My fave Sagittarius” so, it seems legit.

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.