Tyler in Selling The OC

Inside Tyler from Selling The OC’s wild life: From his divorce to multimillion net worth

The ex-surfer split from Brittany Snow in 2022

Selling The OC is back on Netflix, and one of the main cast members in the centre of all the drama is Tyler Stanaland. Since the first season aired he’s got divorced from his wife Brittany Snow, and now his personal life is hot topic in The Oppenheim Group office.

So, what does he get up to in his life that we don’t see on Netflix? From growing up, to his surfer career, divorce and huge net worth – here’s a full look at Tyler Stanaland’s life.

Tyler Stanaland is 34 and grew up in Laguna Beach

Tyler Stanaland is currently 34, and is a fifth-generation realtor and fourth-generation Laguna Beach native. Growing up working for his family’s brokerage, Tyler got his sales license at just 18 years old before pursuing a successful professional surf career which took him all around the globe. However, he suffered an injury to the head which ended this career. Following his accident, he went full time in real estate.

Tyler’s father is John Stanaland, a renowned real estate agent and part of the John Stanaland Group – a family-run brokerage that sells luxury coastal homes in Laguna Beach.

Tyler is a realtor for The Oppenheim Group, and star of Selling The OC on Netflix

Right now, Tyler is a realtor associate at The Oppenheim Group, and has been in the cast of Selling The OC on Netflix since season one.

According to his profile on The Oppenheim Group website: “Transitioning back to real estate, Tyler cut his teeth alongside his father and has since carved a niche of his own as a rising leader in the luxury market. Tyler has been able to set himself apart with unmatched experience and understanding of the coastal communities, all while growing his business and proudly carrying on the family legacy.

“When Tyler isn’t hunting down the next big deal, you can still find him out in the surf or on the beach enjoying the Southern California beach lifestyle to the fullest.”

He was married to actress Brittany Snow, but they announced their divorce after season one of Selling The OC

Tyler from Selling The OC with ex wife Brittany Snow

via ETIENNE LAURENT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock

Tyler was previously married to actress Brittany Snow, but they announced their divorce just weeks after season one of Selling The OC aired on Netflix, in 2022.

He married the Pitch Perfect, Hairspray and John Tucker Must Die actress in March 2020 in Malibu, after being together for two years. They started dating in 2018 when Tyler casually slid into her DMs and their first date was at a local Mexican restaurant. In February 2019 they got engaged and tied the knot the next year.

Tyler and Brittany finalised their divorce in July 2023, and in an interview Tyler said he is “still healing” from the breakup. The couple cited “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the split.

Tyler has a net worth of $4million (£3.4million)

Tyler has a reported net worth of $4million, making him one of the richest cast members of Selling The OC. When it was announced Brittany Snow had filed for divorce from Tyler, it was reported a prenup was in place. This means they will not split their assets, and will instead keep their separate wealths.

His Instagram very much reflects his beachy vibe

Tyler has loads of followers – over 140k – and is verified on Instagram. The ex-pro surfer is very ocean vibes on his Instagram – literally all of his pictures are of the sea in some way. His bio also describes him as an “ocean dweller”.

Selling The OC is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.