Liam Hemsworth The Witcher

The Witcher producers say the transition of Liam Hemsworth into Geralt will be ‘lore accurate’

If you’re a fan of the original novels, you’ll know where this is going

The Witcher producers have promised the transition from Henry Cavill to Liam Hemsworth as Geralt in The Witcher will be lore accurate, hopefully pleasing die-hard fans.

It was announced in October 2022 that Henry Cavill would no longer star as the lead after season three, and Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth could be taking over.

Executive producers Steve Gaub and Tomek Baginski provided some insight into the transition, telling Yahoo UK it would be “flawless” and take inspiration from the original novels.

Liam Hemsworth The Witcher

via Netflix

Steve Gaub made it clear he was confident in Liam Hemsworth taking over the role in The Witcher, saying they were “looking forward to the new explorations of Geralt”.

Tomek Baginski said viewers who are fans of the novels will recognise the storyline that will lead into Henry Cavill’s Geralt leaving. He assured fans the transition into Liam Hemsworth would be “lore accurate” and “seamlessly executed”.

Announcing the news of his departure, Henry Cavill wish Liam Hemsworth well, passing “the torch” to the Hunger Games actor.

“My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for season four,” he wrote on Instagram.

“In my stead, the fantastic Mr Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the White Wolf. As with the greatest of literary characters, I pass the torch with reverence for the time spent embodying Geralt and enthusiasm to see Liam’s take on this most fascinating and nuanced of men.”

Part one Season three of The Witcher is available to watch now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.