Eamonn Holmes has been dragging Phillip Schofield non-stop, so here’s everything he has said

I need to know why he calls him Pip

If we’re sure about one thing since all the Phillip Schofield drama surfaced, it’s that Eamonn Holmes has been dragging his former colleague non-stop. Eamonn has refused to stay quiet after Phillip Schofield’s 20 year stint at This Morning came to an end and to be honest, it’s hard keeping up with all that’s been said and done. So here’s a rundown of every time Eamon Holmes has dragged Phillip Schofield in the past week over what we’ve been seeing in the headlines.

‘They deserve each other I suppose’

Eamonn has been liking a few tweets about This Morning since the news broke about Phillip Schofield. He even said Phillip and Holly “deserve each other.” After questioning Phillip’s exit, Eamonn called out Holly for her Instagram statement. He said: “And she says, ‘Oh, the couch will not be the same without him being there.’ Well, she wanted him not there. So what is she moaning about? They deserve each other I suppose.”

‘The man told us complete lies and we unfortunately believed him’

Despite Eamonn Holmes having very strong and negative opinions of Phillip Schofield, a video from This Morning has surfaced on Twitter which shows Eamonn and Ruth hugging Phillip after he just came out as gay. Eamonn quote tweeted the clip and said: “Ruth and I were deceived and lied to. One day I will tell the story. We had no issue with him being gay, only support. What transpired took us for fools. The man told us complete lies and we unfortunately believed him.”

‘There should have been a special award for Phillip and Holly for best actors’

Eamonn explained Holly and Phillip Schofield should have been recognised at the recent BAFTA TV Awards. Speaking on GB News, he said: “I think there should have been a special award for Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby for best actors. They may or may not be together on the telly today. The public will surely suss that there’s no chemistry, that it’s a broken fit between the two of them and that This Morning does not depend on who presents it.”

‘If you’re looking for a fight, you’ve picked the wrong person’

Eamonn hasn’t held back on his Twitter as well as GB News. In a tweet from yesterday he wrote: “Schofield has just put out a delusional statement. Like Holly he puts it on Instagram stories so if it goes wrong there is no record after 24 hours. I’m reluctant to give the liar any more publicity but believe me Pip, if you are looking for a fight, you have picked the wrong person.”

The Dan Wooton interview

Eamonn Holmes accused Phillip Schofield of “toxicity” amid the drama surrounding Schofield and ITV’s This Morning.

Schofield resigned from ITV on Friday 26th May and was dropped by his talent agency after admitting to an “unwise, but not illegal” affair with a young male colleague. In the wake of Schofield’s resignation, several former employees at This Morning have come forward and criticised the “toxic” culture. Yesterday, Phillip posted a statement on Instagram claiming there was “no toxicity” on This Morning. He wrote: “I hope you have noticed that it’s the same handful of people with a grudge against me or the show who seem to have the loudest voice.

Referring to the comments Phillip Schofield made on Instagram, Eamonn Holmes aired his thoughts on GB News last night. Here’s what he said: “I think that Phillip is absolutely right about toxicity. But my friend, the toxicity is not with me, Dan Wooton or anyone else, the toxicity is with you.”

Schofield has previously suggested he and his colleague “categorically and repeatedly denied the rumours” when questioned at the time regarding their affair. But Holmes claimed in his interview this was a “total cover-up.” Eamonn Holmes said: “Those in authority had to know what was going on and they thought they would dodge a bullet with this. With Schofield talking about those who speak out against him – namely me, Amanda Holden, you, Dr Ranj as well. You simply sit there and think, ‘No mate, you’ve had it all your way for too long.'”