Everything Dermot and Allison said in the 30 second tribute to Phillip Schofield on This Morning

‘He is one of the best TV broadcasters this country has ever had’

This Morning ITV presenters Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond stepped in today for Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield today following Phillip’s departure and Holly taking the next two weeks out.

Alison and Dermot normally only feature on This Morning on Friday but they are currently airing live on ITV.

At the start of the episode, Alison and Dermot addressed the change as Alison said: “We can’t start today’s show without paying tribute to the man who spent the last two decades sitting on This Morning sofa, Phillip Schofield.”

Dermot added: “As a show, everyone on and off screen at ITV on This Morning want to say a huge thank you to Phil for what he has done to make the show a huge success over the last 21 years.”

Alison continued: “Quite simply, he is one of the best TV broadcasters this country has ever had and we all the team wish them all the best for the future.” Dermot then said Holly will be back in two weeks following on from half term.

ITV’s This Morning hasn’t tweeted since Saturday. Viewers of the programme don’t even know what is coming up on today’s show.