Now all the films are on Netflix, here’s what the cast of Harry Potter have been up to

They haven’t stopped acting that’s for sure

Every single Harry Potter movie has been put on Netflix in UK and fans have been rejoicing in the form of binge watching it, pretending they don’t have the DVDs at home. It’s been over 20 years since the first film dropped in cinemas and the cast have grown up in a way that’ll make everyone really aware of their age.

While you reminisce on your childhood days and inevitably take the Pottermore quiz all over again to find out with Hogwarts house you belong in, here is a look at what all of the cast members have been up to over the years.

Daniel Radcliffe – Harry Potter

Harry Potter cast now

via HBO

Daniel Radcliffe has not had a day off since his Harry Potter days. After the franchise ended in 2011, Daniel went on to star in the horror film, The Woman in Black in 2012 and then the romantic comedy What If a year later.

Over the years he has started in various films and TV shows in a number of different genres including Miracle Workers and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs. The Reverend.

Alongside his film and TV work, Daniel Radcliffe has worked in theatre and is set to star in the upcoming Broadway revival of Merrily We Roll Along. He also appeared in The Lifespan of a Fact and The Cripple of Inishmaan.

Daniel Radcliffe is also now a father! Earlier in 2023, it was revealed by the Daily Mail his long term partner, Erin Darke, had given birth after Daniel was pictured with a stroller.

In a statement to Hello! Magazine, a spokesperson for Daniel Radcliffe said: “We can confirm that Erin Darke and Daniel Radcliffe have welcomed their first child.”

Rupert Grint – Ron Weasley

Rupert Grint starred as the loveable Ron Weasley all the way from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.

After the film franchise came to an end, Rupert went on to appear in The ABC Murders, Into the White and Underdogs.

More recently, he has appeared The Cellar, Guillermina del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities and Knock at the Cabin.

In 2020, Rupert welcomed his first child with his long term girlfriend, Georgia Groome. The couple had been dating for over 10 years and named their first daughter Wednesday.

Emma Watson – Hermione Granger

Harry Potter cast now

via HBO

After playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, Emma Watson went back to school and graduated in 2014 with a bachelor’s in English literature at Brown University.

She continued to act alongside her studies and appeared in The Perks of Being a Wallflower and This Is the End.

In 2017, Emma went on to star in Disney’s live action remake of Beauty and the Beast as none other than Belle herself. In more recent years she has starred in Little Women and The Circle.

It was previously confirmed that Emma would be returning to university to study a Master’s in creative writing. In an interview with the Financial Times, the actress revealed she was going back to university after having reignited her love for writing during lockdown when she begun writing poetry and a series of essays.

Tom Felton – Draco Malfoy

Tom Felton had a fairly minor role in the Harry Potter movies and so starred in an array of films during his time filming the wizarding movies. These included Get Him to the Greek and Night Wolf.

Once Harry Potter wrapped and he was no longer tied to Draco Malfoy, Tom went on to star in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Ophelia and Origin.

In October 2022, Tom released his first memoir titled Beyond the Wand: The Magic and Mayhem of Growing Up a Wizard. The memoir told the story of his acting career and the effects it has had on him and was met with amazing reviews.

Bonnie Wright – Ginny Weasley

Harry Potter was Bonnie Wright’s first acting credit and she had since gone on to appear and direct some short films over the years, including Medusa’s Ankles, Sextant and Know Thyself.

She recently announced she was expecting her first child with her husband Andrew.

In a sweet Instagram post, Bonnie wrote: “We’re having a baby! So excited to share this beautiful land with them. What a wild and humbling journey pregnancy is, transforming to make space for new life.

“Andrew and I can’t wait to meet our baby later this year and become parents. It feels like they’re coming to say hello in the little rainbow orb across my belly.”

Robert Pattinson – Cedric Diggory

Harry Potter cast now

via Warner Bros

Robert Pattinson broke all of our hearts when his character died in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He is probably best known for starring as Edward Cullen in the Twilight movies and then went on to star in popular films The Lost City of Z and Tenet.

His most recent project is the incredibly popular movie The Batman, where is stars as the titular character.

Robert is currently dating actress Suki Waterhouse and although their relationship is super private, they have been together since 2018.

Matthew Lewis – Neville Longbottom

Matthew Lewis hasn’t started in as much as some of his co-stars. After the Harry Potter movies, Matthew continued acting and appeared in Me Before You, Baby Done and All Creatures Great and Small.

James and Oliver Phelps – Fred and George Weasley

Ron’s older brothers, Fred and George Weasley, were played by real life twins, James and Oliver Phelps.

Over the years the twins have started in Danny and the Human Zoo, Last Night in Soho and they are currently working on their own travel show.

Evanna Lynch – Luna Lovegood

Evanna Lynch is an an award-winning activist and podcast host after finding fame as Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies.

She continued acting after the films and appeared in My Name is Emily and reprised her time in the musical A Very Potter Senior Year.

Over the years, Evanna and worked with charities like PETA and Save the Asian Elephants and in 2017 she launched a vegan-focused podcast called The ChickPeeps, which she won an award for.

Harry Melling – Dudley Dursley

via BBC

After starring in the Harry Potter films, Harry Melling landed roles in The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, The Queen’s Gambit and The Devil All the Time alongside Robert Pattinson.

Robbie Coltrane – Hagrid

via HBO

Hagrid quickly became everyone’s favourite character in the Harry Potter series in both the books and films.

He was played by Robbie Coltrane, who went on to do voice work for Arthur Christmas and Brave and most recently started in National Treasure on Channel 4.

In October 2022, Robbie sadly died at the age of 72.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook