Kathleen The Last of Us

Here’s everything you need to know about Kathleen from The Last of Us episode four

She’s head of the Hunters

Episode four of The Last of Us shows Joel and Ellie find Kansas City whilst on a road trip. However their trip is cut short when they’re met by a dangerous group of Hunters. Joel and Ellie are in search of his brother, Tommy, who is the person they think can help them reach the lab where doctors are working on a cure to the fungal infection that turns people into monsters.

It’s in Kansas City where the audience meet Kathleen and learn Joel and Ellie have been killing some of her soldiers along the way. She’s not in The Last of Us video game so fans of the franchise are pretty shook, here’s everything we know about Kathleen from The Last of Us episode four.

How do we meet Kathleen in episode four of The Last of Us?

When the audience meets Kathleen, she is obsessed with finding a guy called Henry. She interrogates a former FEDRA doctor about his whereabouts before she then kills him. When the bodies of the soldiers Joel killed arrived back on their base in Kansas City, Kathleen immediately assumes it was the work of Henry. She orders soldiers to move out, find Henry and the people he is working with and kill them straight away.

For those that don’t know, Henry is a survivor who left the Hartford quarantine zone after FEDRA left. He headed in the game to Pittsburgh with his younger brother Sam but soon found themselves being chased by the Hunters.

Kathleen is one of the first original characters introduced to the series. She wasn’t in the video game as a specific character but her role does take inspiration from people in the game. The Last of Us Game shows a group of people known as the Hunters, they’re also in the TV show. Hunters are often made up of people who were previously living in QZs but overpowered the authorities and put themselves in charge.

Who plays Kathleen in The Last of Us?

Kathleen in The Last of Us is played by Yellowjackets and Don’t Look Up actress Melanie Lynskey. Melanie has played a variety of characters throughout her career. She’s appeared in movies such as The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Sweet Home Alabama. Melanie has also starred in TV shows such as Two and a Half Men and of course her performance as Shauna in Yellowjackets bagged a Critics Choice Award.