The Last of Us cast

Here’s everywhere you recognise the mega famous cast of The Last of Us from

What’s Armond from The White Lotus doing here!?!?

After what has honestly felt like a lifetime of impatiently waiting, HBO finally debuted their long awaited TV adaptation of the 2013 game The Last of Us this week – and it’s safe to say the hype and the agonising wait were worth it. In a production that has resulted in the most expensive TV production to ever come out of Canada, The Last of Us does the impossible: Exists as a genuinely amazing video game adaptation. Resident Evil is truly shaking. A huge part of The Last of Us’ instant critical and audience acclaim is thanks to the amazing central performances – here’s where you recognise the cast from.

Pedro Pascal as Joel Miller

Pedro Pascal plays the lead role of Joel in The Last of Us, and – as a massive fan of the game – he’s a stroke of perfect casting. He’s everything players will imagine the hero as in live action – and he plays the hell out of the emotional opening masterfully. He’s best known for his major roles in Game of Thrones, The Mandalorian and Wonder Woman: 1984. A special shout out to his little cameo in Buffy too.

Bella Ramsey as Ellie Williams

Bella Ramsey plays Ellie, a 14 year old in the post-apocalyptic world who has found herself immune to the virus and is the girl Joel and Tess are tasked with smuggling across the country to the Fireflies. Bella Ramsey starred in Game of Thrones too, you might know her from His Dark Materials as well.

Anna Terv as Tess Servopoulos

Anna Torv plays Tess – Joel’s close partner where they share an ambiguous connection regarding if it’s romantic or not. Anna Torv had big roles in Fringe and Mindhunter.

Gabriel Luna as Tommy Miller

Gabriel Luna plays Joel’s brother Tommy, who’s also a Firefly. Gabriel Luna also starred in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Terminator: Dark Fate.

Merle Dandridge as Marlene

The Last of Us cast

Merle Dandridge plays Marlene, the leader of the Fireflies who’s absolutely ruthless in her quest to find a vaccine. Merle is reprising her role from the game!

Nick Offerman as Bill

The Last of Us cast

Nick Offerman! Random but great casting, random because he’s normally in funny roles – great because he’s an icon. Nick plays a survivalist called Bill who Joel and Ellie meet on their journey. Nick Offerman is best known for Parks and Rec, of course!

Murray Bartlett as Frank

The Last of Us cast

Murray Bartlett plays Frank, who apparently has a bigger role in the show than he does in the game. He’s Bill’s boyfriend – it’s implied but deffo the case. Murray Bartlett is best known as Armond in season one of The White Lotus recently, but he was also in Looking!

Other characters

Storm Reid is cast as Riley – Ellie’s girlfriend in the post-apocalyptic world revealed in DLC for the first game.  Nico Parker plays Sarah – Joel’s daughter. The actress is the daughter of Thandiwe Newton.

Melanie Lynskey from Yellowjackets has been cast as a brand new character to the game called Kathleen, who we get a glimpse of in the season trailer – she’s a ruthless rebellion leader in Kansas who seems to be very mysterious. Lamar Johnson and Kevionn Woodward play Henry and Sam, who Ellie and Joel meet in the game.

For all the latest horror film news and to keep up with The Last of Us cast drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.