Now Joe Exotic is saying it’s ‘lies’ that Carole Baskin’s ex-husband has been found alive

‘He is not alive’

Earlier this week, we all had the shocking realisation that reports were released in 2021 claiming the famously missing husband of Tiger King’s Carole Baskin had been found alive and well. How did we miss this? But now, in a plot thickening turn of events, Joe Exotic himself has declared he thinks this is all lies.

On his Facebook page, Joe Exotic has shared a message from his lawyer, claiming a report which stated Don Lewis is alive and well is “false” and was actually made in an attempt to bring attention to Carole Baskin. “During the filming of Tiger King, detailed efforts were made to find Don Lewis, they all failed,” the statement said.

“He is not alive. The 2021 report by Carole Baskin was further unsupported allegation. It’s being republished as if it has veracity. It doesn’t. The story of the Tiger King is filled with lies, set up and misdirection. We still await a hearing for Joe’s freedom. The lies and set up are spelled out in his Motion for New Trial. Read it. The work is done. The Cosmopolitan article based on the ITV report is false and designed to bring more attention to Carole Baskin.”

Joe himself has been commenting on news articles running the headline Don Lewis is “alive and well” saying “he is not”.

via Facebook

Carole Baskin appeared on ITV’s This Morning and revealed she was contacted by officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Homeland Security, who told her her husband had been found alive. She said: “They said my husband, Don Lewis, is alive and well in Costa Rica. And yet all of this drama has been made about me having something to do with his disappearance, when Homeland Security has known where he is at least since back then.”

Carole then suggested Don’s family contact officials at the government agency, and said: “I think maybe they should check with Homeland Security, who seems to know where he is.” She then said she is surprised Don is still alive as she “didn’t think he was capable of supporting himself”.

She said he took about a million dollars down to Costa Rica, and she allowed him to “prove to himself that he could make a living”. Carole had attempted to recover what she could out of that million dollars years later, only to find it was down to about $80,000 “because the investments he had made were so bad.”

Don Lewis, Carole Baskin husband, found alive and well

via Netflix

It was first revealed to the wider public that Don Lewis had gone missing during Tiger King on Netflix. Following this, there had been multiple wild theories of what might had happened to him. Joe Exotic seemed to always support the theory that Carole had “fed him to the tigers” at her cat sanctuary.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.