Bingo bingo! Wakey Wines has been banned on TikTok after selling £100 Prime cans

Abdul came closer, Abdul got banned

The citizens of Yorkshire will no longer be bingo bingoing, coming closer or going back – Wakey Wines has had its 500k follower account banned on TikTok after it was flogging cans of Prime for £100. A day later, TikTok reinstated the account.

Wakey Wines, a corner shop in Wakefield, had previously been viral on the app after selling Prime – the energy drink made by KSI and Logan Paul that has caused a phenomenon with insane demand, queues outside Aldi and all round hysteria. We’ve all seen the videos of people literally running through Aldi and being limited to a bottle each. Chaos.

Prime bottles and cans are only meant to cost a few quid max, but Wakey Wines has been flogging them for up to £100. The shop has inexplicably become huge on TikTok, with people flocking there from all over the country to get filmed buying the drink and to say the catchphrases like “What’s the best shop in Wakey?”, “Abdul come closer, Abdul go back” and “Bingo bingo? Gala bingo?” It’s all a bit weird.

Wakey Wines has posted about being banned on TikTok on their Instagram, saying: “Hi guys, today there is a well known influencer trying to tarnish my business I have been building up for years. I have now been banned off TikTok at 500k – I’ve been working so hard for this.

“All of my videos are all for fun, I saw a business idea with WFD sweets just like any other business man and I took the opportunity. Some jealous horrible people. Please report these posts and help me! Thank you to my fans always, Wakey Wines.”

Following the ban, TikTok reinstated the Wakey Wines account. A spokesperson for TikTok made the following statement to The Tab: “We are open about the fact we don’t get every moderation decision right and have reinstated the Wake Wines account. We hope they continue to use TikTok to promote their business.”

Prime co-founder KSI had previously blasted Wake Wines for charging such amounts for the drink, saying on Twitter

“Wakey Wines, my man is charging people 20 quid per Prime. No do not pay that much for Prime, I know people want Prime OK, just wait or camp out Asda nice and early, get in Asda nice and early and pay £2, OK, £2 for Prime. £2 is way better than £25 bro, why. Come on man this is outrageous. You should not be paying £25 for one bottle of Prime.”

For the latest TikTok trends, guides, viral filters and news,  follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.