Guys, season three of Outer Banks drops on Netflix next month!

Get the Pogues back in my life NOW

Pogues fans assemble! Netflix has finally given us a release date for season three of Outer Banks – and it’s next month! Yep our favourite group of hot treasure hunters will be back in our lives very soon.

Sharing some new, first look pictures, Netflix has said the Outer Banks season three release date is February 23rd. I cannot wait. In the pictures we can see our favourite characters back, in the classic hazy gold settings. God I’ve missed this show.

First look at Outer Banks season three as Netflix shares release date

via Netflix

Madelyn Cline, who plays Sarah Cameron, had previously said she thought the release date would be February 23rd, but now Netflix has confirmed the date. The new season is expected to have 10 episodes, and pick up exactly where season two left off.

This means the fights between the Camerons and the Pogues will probably continue, as Pope seeks to retrieve the stolen golden cross. Also, don’t forget that Ward Cameron faked his own death in season two, so what will happen there? Big John is back too, and creator Josh Pate told EW this will be a “huge theme” moving forward.

via Netflix

“John B’s relationship with his dad is a huge theme,” he said. “Having his dad back around and eventually they’re going to meet back up and John B has to reconcile his idealised version of his dead dad with the reality of his alive dad. It gives us a lot of thematic father-son stuff to work with.”

Chase Stokes, who plays John B, added that season three will see a lot of storylines come to an end. “I think a lot of loose ends are going to get tied up,” he told EliteDaily. “A lot of questions will be answered. And per usual, these kids are going to get put through the wringer.”

It looks like we might one day get the Kiara and JJ storyline we all so desperately crave, because after season one dropped, the creators said they were thinking about it in the future. “That [Kiara and JJ] was interesting to us, and so we’re thinking about that, but we don’t want to leave the Pope-Kiara story line short either,” Jonas Pate said.

Josh Pate added they are “aware” of the fans wanting romance between JJ and Ki. “We wanted to tease that for the third season,” he said. “We didn’t want to do it immediately, but we definitely want to do it just because that took us by surprise, like the audience’s reaction to JJ and Kiara and rooting for that romance. So we were immediately open to it, because it seems like an interesting idea to explore but we kind of left it for season three.”

via Netflix

Even if it’s not between JJ and Kiara, the show creators confirmed in an interview with EW that romance will be at the forefront of season three. “That was one thing we really loved about season one that’s less of an element of season one that we really want to get back to,” Josh Pate said. “That was the plan, kind of architecting the characters towards opening up some romances in season three.”

Back in 2020, the show creator Jonas Pate confirmed: “Ever since we started, we always viewed it as something that was probably like a four-season, maybe five-season show, but definitely four seasons. We’ve sort of long-arced it out pretty far. I’m just hoping that we get a chance to actually tell those stories.”

Not long to wait!

Outer Banks season three will be available on Netflix from February 23rd. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.