Omg, filming for the new season of The Crown is happening at York Minster this week

Don’t mind me camping outside the Minster so I can meet young Prince Wills x

Season six of the hit Netflix show The Crown is being filmed at York Minster this week.

The Minster will be shut for the remainder of this week for filming of the sixth and final season of the royal drama.

It is unclear which scenes from the show will be shot in York but filming will take place “within and outside” the Minster.

Large machinery, equipment and vehicles were all seen being set up outside the Minster today. Filming is then expected to take place all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with things being dismantled on Friday.

Houses neighbouring the Minster all received letters from Left Bank Pictures informing them of the filming. The letter said: “Our technical vehicles will be parked along Duncombe Place and Minster Yard. There will be various machines situated around York Minster.”

Security guards will also be surrounding the set to help keep disruption “to an absolute minimum”.

This season, starring Imelda Staunton as the Queen, will be the last one and is rumoured to be released in November of this year.

So if you see me hanging around the Minster trying to get in the background mind your own business. Just trying to make my mum proud x

Featured Image via Netflix.

Related Stories Recommended by this Writer:

Omg, filming for the new season of The Crown is happening right now on St Andrews’ campus

York student found guilty of a public order offence after throwing eggs at King Charles

A York student got a Long Boi tattoo in Portugal with the Uni’s Volleyball Club