Just eight pretty great reasons to join The Newcastle Tab this term

Join us at Luther’s on Monday 25th September at 7pm for our first open meeting

Do you enjoy reading our articles? Do you feel like you could add something to the team? Come join The Newcastle Tab! We’re always on the look out for new writers, photographers and content creators.

Whether you want to break the latest stories in Newcastle or just want to write funny and relatable features, there’s always space on our team. We welcome writers of all ages and abilities so come along to our first open meeting at Luther’s on Monday 25th September at 7pm. If this didn’t tempt you enough, then maybe the following eight reasons will:

1. No experience is required

As previously stated, we welcome all ages and abilities to our team. No experience is required so don’t worry if you’ve never written before, we’ll teach you everything you need to know!

2. You’ll have creative freedom to write what you want

Whilst we do send out weekly commissions, we’ll always encourage our writers to pitch new ideas and content. Fashion? Memes? Food? Whatever it is, we’ll almost never say no.

3. You’ll meet new people

On top of the great LinkedIn connections you’ll make, The Tab is full of like-minded individuals from all different backgrounds. Again, no experience is required so you’ll mix with a range of people from all different courses.

4. The socials

Like most, we wouldn’t be a true team if we didn’t have a few team building exercises. Whether it’s karaoke at Cosy Joes or a pub quiz at The Lonsdale, we don’t shy away from a good time.

5. You can have an opinion

One of the most popular things about The Tab, is having the chance to air your opinion on certain things (within reason, obviously).

In other words, we’re not affiliated with any universities and so our writers have much more freedom with their topics and language choices. Again, we’re all about giving you a voice.

6. It looks great on the CV

Of course, the experience you’ll gain writing for The Tab really is a bonus. Previous alumni have gone on to work for Vice, The BBC, The Guardian, Vogue, ITV and many more.

7. No membership fees!

Since we’re not associated with any university, we’re not a registered society. To summarise, we won’t charge you a pretty penny! How about that?

8. The free merch

Last but not least, all of our writers get free merch. Who could say no to a nice lighter and one of a kind t-shirt?

If you think The Tab is the right thing for you, then come along to Luther’s bar on Monday 25th September at 7pm. If you can’t make this day, don’t worry. We host meetings every Monday at Soho Jesmond at 7:30pm. Check out our Facebook page for more info.

Alternatively, feel free to DM us on our Instagram @thetabnewcastle, or message our editors @_emmiefoster and @maddie_perrett (I promise we don’t bite).

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to message Emmie and Maddie.

• Just eight pretty great reasons to join The Newcastle Tab this term

• The 15 best alternatives to clubbing in the Toon

• Six painful things you’ll only relate to if you lived in Leazes as a fresher