Frate: The new outdoor venue from the people who brought you Shaker, Pumphreys and D&P

The venue is set to open on Friday May 26th

We’ve finally had the first taste of summer – it’s 16 degrees and sunny in Newcastle which is basically as good as it gets for us. What better way to embrace the start of summer than a new outdoor bar? Get ready to welcome a brand new venue to the Toon: Frate is a new open air venue opening its doors at the end of next month.

The shipping container complex will bring local street food, creative drinks, live sports and entertainment space for art and cultural events and is expected to fill a certain outdoor venue sized hole we’ve been missing for the past year.

Brought to you by the curators behind Market Shaker, Pumphreys and The Dog & Parrot, Frate is arriving just in time for summer and is set to open on the bank holiday weekend, on Friday 26th May.

Being independently owned, the bar will create 35 new jobs across full and part-time roles within the hospitality industry. What’s more, the venue is also running a competition on Instagram to win one of three £100 bar tabs before the launch.

Via Stage One Events

Located behind Grey’s Street, the open-air destination is constructed using recycled freight containers and the temporary architecture is in a secluded, leafy spot just off High Bridge. Expect filly heated and lit pendant-style festoon lighting and fun mural features by the UK’s leading local and national street artists such as Mr Penfold.

Co-Curator of Frate, Rob Clarkson, said: “Frate is bringing together the best of our local and independent food, drink, art and music within the city. Hidden in plain sight, Frate sits across a courtyard with up-cycled bespoke shipping containers, nestled behind one of Newcastle’s busiest streets.

“We are super excited to be bringing our new concept to life and think those of the North East will agree that Frate is an excellent addition to our region.”

We’re buzzing for sunny beer garden-esque drinks and vibey pics for the monthly instagram dump.

Featured image from Stage One Events.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.