Lancaster Motorsport society announces ‘Race to the Stig’

It’s the biggest game of hide-and-seek to grace the Lancaster Uni campus

Perhaps you’ve seen The University Stig walking around Lancaster, or maybe you were too busy in the depths of deadline season last term to notice him. Regardless, he’s now hiding somewhere on campus, and the Motorsport Society has tasked us with finding him.

The Motorsport Society have created a trailer for the event, which you can share on your socials for an extra hint. Societies can take part, or you can form a team using their team-finder chat. If you’re not sure if your society is taking part, there are 12 societies signed up already, with a list of those participating on their website. It will be taking place at 3pm on Thursday 26th January, starting in Alexandra Square

There’s also a WhatsApp group chat for people to join, where hints about The Stig’s whereabouts will be posted. There will also be extra challenges to carry out during the event which will result in extra hints. Motorsport Society’s Social Media Exec, James, encourages people to join in because it’s “a great chance to meet others, but more importantly, it will turn a boring Thursday afternoon into something fun”. They’re also hoping that ‘Race to the Stig’ could become an annual campus tradition.

Winning seekers will be announced on the lancasterstig Instagram and you can message the Motorsport Society on Instagram or its website with any queries about the event.

Interested in joining the Lancaster Tab? Come along to our open meeting on Wednesday 25th January from 3-5pm at Pendle Brew to learn what it’s like to write for us.

Related articles recommended by this writer: