Glasgow students walk out for the fourth week in a row regarding the situation in Gaza

UofG students are continuing to show support for Palestine in a variety of ways

Students at the University of Glasgow have participated in demonstrations for the fourth consecutive week in the hope of demonstrating their support for Palestine amid the ongoing situation in the Middle East.

This comes as a series of movements in support of the Palestine resistance have occurred at the university. There have been previous protests at the university as Glasgow’s students continue to ensure their voices are heard. The Socialist Worker Student Society took to X (formally known as Twitter) a few days ago.

The Socialist Worker reported that 1,000 students blocked roads in solidarity with Palestine at the first of these demonstrations organised by the Socialist Workers Student Society (SWSS).

Furthermore, there are set to be more acts in protest of the current crisis, which will also take place at the University of Glasgow. This week, the Glasgow University Scottish Socialist Party Society had also been promoting a public meeting which took place on Monday 6th November at 6pm and a demonstration in front of Glasgow University Library took place last week.

Will we continue to see students across the country protest against the conflict? And how might this conflict impact the universities themselves over the next while?