Join the demonstration in solidarity with Palestine 🇵🇸 on campus this Tuesday, 12pm at the university main gates. @glasgowstopwar urges all students and societies to attend - see you there! pic.twitter.com/mykegVQMFr— Glasgow Stop the War (@GlasgowStopWar) October 15, 2023

‘All Out For Palestine’ student walkout and protest to take place at Glasgow Uni tomorrow

Students are being urged to participate in tomorrow’s protest

The Socialist Workers Party Glasgow has urged students to join them in a protest tomorrow in support of the Palestinian people after the events over the last week.

The protest will begin from the University of Glasgow Main Gates at 12pm, on Tuesday 17th October. The party posted the information via their X account yesterday evening.

Their account on X also reposted the “Glasgow Stop the War” message, who commented: ”Join the demonstration in solidarity with Palestine on campus this Tuesday, 12pm at the university main gates. @glasgowstopwar urges all students and societies to attend – see you there!”

Last weekend there was a pro-Palestine demonstration that took place in Glasgow’s city centre. Large crowds gathered to show their support for Palestine. However, there have been mixed opinions across the University of Glasgow.

The Israeli-Palestinian situation has been a contested discussion throughout the UK, with students and general population supporting both sides of the war. In an open letter to Glasgow University, the University’s Conservative society asked for the university to support to Israel by ”lighting the main campus building in the colours of the Israeli flag, to show solidarity with students on campus, and to memorialise the more than 900 lives taken in the name of hate.

Tomorrow’s walk is set to take place from the University of Glasgow main gates starting at 12pm.