Meet your WINNERS of Exeter’s most eligible bachelor and bachelorette 2023

This one can go on the CV (or maybe a Tinder bio instead!)

You had your say, after six rounds of voting, Exeter’s sexiest singles have been crowned. Harder than making your 7:30pm Wednesday TP entry, the people of Exeter have made the decision to name Harriet and Adam the most eligible bachelorette and bachelor 2023. They get the last word and, without further ado, time to get to know the most eligible people on campus!

Adam, third year, business and management (@_ladam)

Adam can now happily tell his “dictator-esque” housemate that she was successful in her ploy to get Adam crowned Exeter’s most eligible bachelor. What started as a joke between friends, has lead to the people of Exeter being won over by Adam’s quick-wit and intense dedication to The Exeter Tab. Whilst he was told he would win a prize, he’ll be happy with the word-of-mouth around Exeter that he is single and ready to mingle!

How does it feel to have won Exeter’s most eligible bachelor?

“First and foremost, I just want to say thank you to the fans who voted for me in the first place, without you none of this would be possible and it means the world. I think I can say this on behalf of every Exetah student that this is the most prestigious award one can only dream of winning. When I found out, I called up the boys and headed straight to the arcade and my mum bought us pizza and squash: it was a movie.”

Have you had any luck romantically since being your nomination?

“To quote the remarkable A Boogie Wit da Hoodie, ‘I’m drowning’, is what I wish I could say. With a busy year ahead I’ve had no option but to set aside romantic activities whilst I focus on my work, despite a plethora of DMs. I will admit, upon watching a TikTok live of Elphaba I nearly caught myself acting up, but for now my priorities are making money and obviously giving back to the children. ;)”

How are you going to cope with this new found fame around campus?

“As an established BNOC, I’ve already faced the challenges of being an influencer. You may not see me on campus at all because if I came onto campus I’d just be stopped by too many individuals.”

What are your plans for future dating now that you are the most eligible bachelor?

“My plans are simple. I will enter as many talking stages as possible and see which girl is willing to spend the next few months waffling about their day. Then, I will proceed to make an awkward attempt to ask them out. Then, after being friend-zoned, I will resume the waffle and stop speaking to her only when she inevitably airs me.”

Any last words for the people of Exeter?

“Never back down, never what? Never give up.”

Harriet, second year, politics and sociology (@harriet.cowell)

Harriet’s friends nominated her originally due to her questionable night at Rugby Varsity and her dedication to the Piece (both as a regular TP attendee and also as a fierce bartender). Harriet is looking for love so she no longer has to be the only girl in her house without a boyfriend and doesn’t have to end any more dates in tears. She beat out the competition of Exetah gals and now can add the title of Exeter’s most eligible bachelorette to her roster!

How does it feel to have won Exeter’s most eligible bachelorette?

“It feels incredible, honestly shocked and finding it very funny.”

No x

“My friendship group constantly take mugs of each other anyway so honestly I think I’ll be used to the fame.”

What are your plans for future dating now that you are the most eligible bachelorette?

“My dad found out about the competition and is under the assumption that its to decide who organises the ‘Exeter end of year prom’. So I will obviously now be very occupied pretending to be organising this event.”

Red > green Venom xoxo

Also shoutout to Cordelia James (pictured with Harriet above) for nominating me! Did it for a laugh and here I am.