marissa love is blind cv

From the Navy to the courtroom: Inside Marissa from Love Is Blind’s insane CV

She’s like the second coming of Bridget Mendler

Marissa from Love Is Blind is one of the coolest contestants to ever set foot in the pods, and her outstanding CV proves it. There is already a physicist and clean energy consultant on the show, but Marissa wipes the floor with them. She’s hitting levels of accomplishment I’ve only ever seen Bridget Mendler attain. She made a crazy jump from a naval officer to a fully qualified lawyer, so here’s a breakdown of all the professional girlbossing she’s been up to while also being a Love Is Blind contestant. The temptation to send her a LinkedIn connection request is real.

Her role in the Navy

In her LinkedIn bio, Marissa reveals that she “dedicated seven years of my life to serving in the U.S. Navy as a Naval Surface Warfare Officer.” That sounds pretty badass, but what does that mean, and how did she get there?

She firstly spent five months completing basic training, and then quickly advanced through the ranks as a Main Propulsion Officer, an Administrative Officer, and then a Surface Warfare Officer, where she attended school in between assignments. She really didn’t stop!

After that, she spent a huge chunk of time as a Training Officer and then a Non-Medical Case Manager, which meant she looked after injured or ill officers and ensured they had the correct recovery plans. It’s clear she came to serve (pun intended).

Law School

As if serving her country for seven years wasn’t enough, Marissa went even further and enrolled at The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law. While she was there she worked as a Student Attorney for the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, as well as a Law Clerk and Summer Associate at Jackson Lewis P.C. I really wish I had the drive she has.

Her job as a lawyer

According to LinkedIn, Marissa graduated in May and now works as a lawyer at Jackson Lewis P.C. She’s been there for three months but I’m sure we’ll see amazing things from her!

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.