beyoncé tiktok theory conspiracy

Why is everyone terrified of Beyoncé? Explaining the bizarre TikTok conspiracy theory

Alexa, play She Knows by J. Cole

People on TikTok are having a field day over a viral conspiracy theory that Beyoncé is actually some insane cult leader that will take out anyone that she sees as a threat to her career.

The whole conspiracy theory follows the P Diddy allegations (all of which he has denied). After he was arrested, people started to believe that he was linked to Beyoncé and Jay-Z. Some crazy theories spread online after an apparent leaked audio rumoured to be from Beyoncé was released in which she said she had “no idea about the crazy things that were occurring” at Diddy’s parties. There is no evidence the audio clip is real, and nobody from Beyoncé’s team has spoken on the matter, meaning it’s most likely fake.

However, this didn’t stop the internet spiralling. People began to notice how celebrities always thank Beyoncé for their awards onstage, such as Adele and Lizzo. The whole premise of the theory is that these celebrities must thank Beyoncé otherwise she will quite literally take them out. Another video of Britney Spears thanking Beyoncé had people questioning how she seems to always be in acceptance speeches.

“Why is she always mentioned?” One user wrote.

“It’s like they are reading something,” another user theorised.

How is Kanye West involved in the conspiracy theory?

Another insane TikTok conspiracy theory is that when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift’s speech at the 2009 VMAs on the grounds that Beyoncé “had one of the best videos of all time,” this was allegedly Kanye protecting a 19 year-old Taylor from getting on Beyoncé’s bad side. As a Swiftie, I actually had to laugh at this one.

@nedakinz

No but theres so many examples of celebs unnecessarily thanking Beyonce WHY AM I STARTING TO BELIEVE IT #help #theygotme #beyonce #diddy #taylorswift

♬ She Knows – J. Cole

In addition to Kanye, She Knows by J. Cole is the anthem of all of these conspiracies. Many are noticing how J. Cole name drops Aaliyah, Left Eye, Michael Jackson, and then repeats “she knows,” which people are theorising sounds like “She Knowles,” Beyoncé’s last name.

The memes are hilarious

Night night, sleep tight and don’t let Beyoncé bite! A lot of TikTok users are poking fun at the theory with some hilarious memes.

Here’s a slightly more sane theory

The theory that Beyoncé will have you mysteriously disappearing if you don’t thank her in an acceptance speech is hilarious, but I’m going to take a wild guess that it’s not true. What seems like a more reasonable theory as to why so many celebrities thank Beyoncé that they know they’ll “get hate” for winning an award over her. Or, it could literally just be because they were inspired by Beyoncé.

I love Gen Z but we really know how to dramatise events online and create our own insane conspiracy theories. That being said, thank you Beyoncé! Long live the queen!

What was Eminem trying to tell us? All of the insane P Diddy references we somehow missed

Inside the TikTok October theory: Why the most dramatic plot twists will happen this month

P Diddy’s mother finally releases a bombshell statement about her son’s arrest