tiktok october theory

Inside the TikTok October theory: Why the most dramatic plot twists will happen this month

Get ready for some life-changing canon events

Alas, October has arrived and British autumn weather is in full swing. If you’re not chronically online, October means the month of pumpkin spice lattes, darker evenings and Halloween. However, people on TikTok are currently obsessed with the October theory – but what does it actually mean?

On one hand, October is generally considered a chaotic month among young people due to the build up to the best clubbing night of the year – Halloweekend. In the iconic words of Cady Heron: In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.

But, Halloween is just the pinnacle moment of what TikTok users have described as “the most chaotic month of the year.” For many, it feels like a rebirth – students have just gotten into the swing of uni life, grads are beginning their new grad jobs, and it also marks the start of cuffing season so you can have a Halloween, Christmas, New Years and Valentine’s boyfriend!

@corashircel

and the plot thickens with the october theory upon us

♬ original sound – The Random

Why does October feel like the first of January to so many of us? User Macy Morgan explained that she had a theory that “October first makes us feel the same way that January first does in the sense of everybody trying to get their lives together.”

She said that seeing the first of October in the calendar prompts people to “make changes” because “there’s only three months left in the year to get your sh*t together.”

She then echoed the Halloweekend theory, and how everyone “wants to look good” for the big weekend out so they start indulging in more self-care and healthier habits. Another thing to count down to was seeing family members in the run up to Christmas, which would motivate people to set goals in their personal and professional lives. There’s nothing worse than showing up to the family gathering for another year of disapproving looks that you still don’t have a job/boyfriend/house/literally anything else.

Another user, Chloe Evan Berkel, agreed that October is “the second New Years of the year” and forces people to make “a lot of major life changes.”

She also said that “life seems to go by so fast in October,” which now that I think of it seems. true.

In terms of relationships, she warned that “this will be a time where a lot of situationships and relationships are blooming and peoples love lives are starting to take off a little bit more.” She put the reason down to it “being close to the holidays,” which I hope is true as a girlie who has high hopes of dragging a man to the Christmas markets.

@chloevanberkel

tik tok comes up with a lot of theories but i’m kinda here for this one #october #octobertheory #firstofthemonth #endoftheyear #fallseason

♬ original sound – Chloe Van Berkel

She finished the video with a final warning of “change” and “canon events” that will be taking place during this month until the end of the year. I guess the drama is inevitable!

A guy on TikTok has a wild theory about why time feels like it goes so much faster since 2020

Funerals, vegans and in-laws: The most debated Am I the A******? Reddit posts of all time

The Russell Group unis where students are the most fed up with their uni experience, according to The Times