Love Island Joey Essex shows

From TOWIE to Love Island: The never-ending list of TV shows Joey Essex has rocked up on

The world’s longest CV

Never has the phrase “you had to be there” been more apt than when reflecting on the Vulcan grip Joey Essex had on British pop culture once he emerged on The Only Way is Essex in 2011. I was in the waning years of high school, and he was everywhere. TOWIE was obviously already a cultural phenomenon – and I bet the casting producers were punching the air in jubilant joy when they found a man so perfect for their show that he literally was born with the surname of the location they filmed in. Since he debuted on TOWIE, Joey Essex has literally never left the TV and the list of shows he’s randomly starred on is chaotic and endless – so here’s a rundown of everything he’s been on now he’s left jaws on the ground strolling in as the first Love Island 2024 bombshell.

The Only Way is Essex (2011-2013)

As the cousin of main cast member Chloe Sims, Joey Essex started popping up in the second season before making it to the main cast for series three. He was a huge breakout star from the show and had left to do other stuff by 2013.

Splash! (2013)

Via ITV

The short lived and honestly bizarre diving competition show that was sort of pegged on Tom Daley frenzy following the Olympics and also randomly had Jo Brand judging the leaps. Joey was on series one and left sixth.

I’m a Celeb (2013)

After Joey quit TOWIE, he went into the jungle and did alright for himself. He got to the final and came fourth, so at least he got to have a go on the extremely reem cyclone.

Educating Joey Essex (2014-2016)

In the most endearing and nicest way possible, part of the Joey Essex appeal is that he’s warningly quite … thick. This show had him popping around the globe and learning about random things and had Ph*llip Sch*field narrating it. Good on ar Joey getting his own spin-off I say!

The Jump (2015)

Not to be confused with Splash, the jump is also about, erm, jumps – but had celebs doing winter sports. Joey actually won this one! The Winter Olympics here he comes!

Celebs Go Dating (2016-2019)

Joey Essex and Celebs Go Dating go together like butter and bread. He’s been a contestant three times including the spin-off Mansion series and became an online presenter for series four and five. He’s part of the furniture over there.

Celebrity MasterChef (2019)

Via BBC

Joey Essex jumped over to the BBC to pop on to Celebrity MasterChef and did a truly dismal job, getting dragged by many for his unsightly meals and for putting thyme in a sausage dish. Classic. Safe to say, he didn’t win.

Celebrity Ex on the Beach (2020)

A likely place for him to be! Got to the final episode and his ex Ellie Brown washed up on the dreaded shore. Joey Essex starred with some alumni from other shows, including Love Island former Islanders Georgia Harrison and Michael Griffiths.

Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins (2020)

Joey Essex Love Island shows

At this point, Joey Essex would turn up to go on Celebrity Opening Packets of Crisps. A rite of passage. He voluntarily withdrew.

Joey Essex: Grief and Me (2021)

Joey Essex really heartbreakingly lost his mum when he was 10, after she took her own life. This BBC one off hour special explored Joey reflecting on his grief 20 years on from the tragedy.

I’m a Celeb Australia (2022)

Do people in Australia know who Joey Essex is? That feels surreal. He went BACK to the jungle for I’m A Celeb Australia in 2022 and even necked on with fellow campmate Maria.

All Star Shore (2022)

This was like a Jersey Shore All Stars kind of thing? Random.

Dancing on Ice (2023)

Not bad from Joey here, he finished it as a runner up!

Love Island (2024)

In honestly the most rogue thing that’s ever happened, the latest of the never-ending shows Joey Essex has rocked up on is none other than Love Island. He’s the first celebrity bombshell in the show’s history and nobody was expecting it. The producers of Love Island even got him to Mallorca via ferry so nobody could spoil his wild arrival. Insane.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.