Lindsay Lohan might have her reasons for not liking the firecrotch joke in the new Mean Girls movie musical

Ok so, here’s why Lindsay Lohan might hate that firecrotch joke in the new Mean Girls

Gather round for some Y2k history

Lindsay Lohan is apparently very miffed that Tina Fey included a firecrotch joke in the new movie Mean Girls musical that alludes to her young, hot Hollywood partying days in the 00s.

The joke, which is said by Megan The Stallion, goes, “We are going back red. Y2K fire crotch is back!”. The reference was also immortalised in the rapper’s collab with the new Regina George Reneé Rapp Not My Fault.

According to a pal, Lindsay is seething about the reference to the mean nickname given to her after the 2004 original. Her dad, Michael, also weighed in. Along with complaining about the joke, he also ranted about how Tina Fey didn’t even bother to make a sequel to the original. However, this seems like a pipe dream because Rachel McAdams, the original Regina George, didn’t even bother to appear in that Old Navy ad or the premiere.

None of this answers why Lindsay might be so raging at the quip?

What might be Lindsay’s problem with the firecrotch joke in the new Mean Girls?

Right, well, buckle up because it involves being transported back to the height of Lindsay’s fame. The year was 2006. It was the era of low-rise jeans and layering tank tops. Facebook had just let you join without being affiliated with a university. Music videos mattered. Print magazines were one of the main ways to get your celebrity gossip. Paris Hilton was on the front cover of most of them. Pictures of her out and about in Hollywood were usually accompanied by other starlets, some of whom have faded into obscurity, and some are still as relevant as ever. Faces included Britney Spears, Nicole Richie, Kimberley Stewart and many others. Think of the much-memed Bimbo Summit – the iconic New York Post front page of Paris, Britney and Lindsay – for a visual.

Anyway, the leader of this gang was widely considered to be Paris. She appeared to have everything like money, blonde hair, connections, thin, and the hit reality show The Simple Life. As these stories often go, Paris and Lindsay had a very complicated frenemy relationship.

The firecrotch label came, of course, after a rumour about a boy. It’s all this drama is because of a stupid fight over a stupid boy. However, he was a Greek shipping heir, so maybe he was worth it. However, he probably wasn’t. His name was Stavros Niarchos,  big deal at the time. He had previously dated Paris before allegedly moving on eventually to Lindsay.

The reports that Stavros was hooking up with Lindsay prompted one of the most notorious exchanges with the tabloid press and their coveted subjects.

While out and about, Paris and Brandon – who is now married to Ashley Benson of Pretty Little Liars fame – made idle chit-chat with photographers, as they had a habit of doing. Little tidbits of their life. Feeding the beast, if you will. Then, history was made when Lindsay came up. Venom for Lindsay was very high that evening. The pair, who were both born into wealth, made much about her new money status, earning from being one of the most popular child stars of her time. Her impressive back catalogue includes credits such as Freaky Friday, Confessions of a Teenaged Drama Queen and other feats of cinema.

“I think she’s worth about $7 million, which means she’s really poor. It’s disgusting. She lives in a motel,” Brandon told the photographers in a video that emerged the following morning.

Egged on by the paps, Brandon went on to label Lindsay a “firecrotch”, making fun of her ginger pubic hair, which was visible sometimes when she got out of cars. Brandon later admitted to how mortified he was by the incident and that he didn’t recognise the person on the video.

For extra context, Hollywood had a real drought of knickers back in the noughties. Well, across some of the younger residents. Well, you see, one of the biggest fashion faux pas was having a visible panty line. The fear of this and the trend for bodycon Herve Ledger bandage dresses meant skipping underwear. However, as the chances of a VPL decreased, the chances of flashing your whole vagina was increased.

“What started out as a joke got completely carried away. I am horrified at the words that came out of my mouth,” he told Page Six.

Lindsay then took aim at Paris and her sex tape, which was released without her consent in 2001, One Night In Paris, telling Elle magazine: “Obviously, she’s very comfortable making videos.”

Lindsay later denied the drama, saying: “I would never fight with a girl over a guy,” before adding, “It’s bad karma.”

That November, it was reported that Lindsay had called Paris a “c***”. She later denied doing this when asked what prompted her to say this. Lindsay said: “I never said that. I love Paris. Paris is my friend.” A week later, she claimed that Paris had hit her while they were at a club. The following year, 2007, Lindsay was probably at the peak of her bad girl era.  She was arrested twice for driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. In 2009, she was court-ordered to seek treatment for her substance abuse issues and was later sent back to jail for violating her DUI.

Lindsay eventually disappeared from showbiz and all that chaos. Her past careers range from DJ in Greece to Dubai socialite. Currently, she is married to Bader Shammas and mother to their son Luai. Only recently has marked the return of LoLi to acting. Last year, she came back with her Netflix festive rom-com Falling For Christmas. This year, she made a surprise cameo in the new movie musical based on the Broadway show, which is then based on the movie.

Are Lindsay and Paris good now after all the firecrotch joke drama?

While on Watch What Happens Live, Paris revealed to Andy Cohen there was no bad blood between them.

“I just feel like we’re grown-ups now. I just got married. She just got engaged. We’re not in high school. I think it was just very immature, and now everything is all good,” she said.

The heiress – who married Carter Reum and has two kids, Phoenix and London, with him – addressed it and the entire scene of that time in her 2023 memoir Paris, and everything really does seem to be okay between them.