Another Love Is Blind lawsuit as contestant claims she was a ‘prisoner’ on ‘traumatic’ show

‘I felt it was only right to let others know what we had to endure’

Another former Love Is Blind contestant has filed a lawsuit against the show, as she claims she was treated like a “prisoner” and her experience on the show was “traumatic”. Renee Poche was featured in season five, but ultimately her engagement didn’t make it into the final edit.

In legal documents first reported on by Variety, Renee is suing Netflix and production company Delirium, and has claimed on her first day of production for the show she had her phone, passport and driver’s license seized. She said she was then “locked in her hotel room” and not allowed to leave without a chaperone.

On the show she made a connection with Carter Wall, who was allegedly “broke, jobless, unhoused, violent and addicted to amphetamines and alcohol.” Renee has claimed she was “forced” to spend long periods of time with Carter, and has alleged he was abusive both on and off camera.

After filming for the show, Renee and Carter called off their relationship, and Renee made a few comments about her time on the show. Because of this, Variety is reporting Delirium sued Renee for $4million because she breached her NDA. However, Renee was only paid around $8k for her time on the show.

Renee Poche has made claims against Netflix in new lawsuit

via Netflix

Renee told Variety: “My experience on Love is Blind was traumatic. I felt like a prisoner and had no support when I let Delirium know that I didn’t feel safe. I tried to deal with these emotions over time and eventually felt like I needed to share what had happened. I felt it was only right to let others know the truth of what all of the cast mates had to endure.”

Within her lawsuit, Renee is now trying to nullify her previous show contract. Netflix and Delirium are yet to comment.

This isn’t the first time Love Is Blind has had claims in a lawsuit against it. Last year,  the production company behind Love Is Blind was sued by a different season five cast member. Tran Dang filed the suit against production team Kinetic Content and Delirium TV, for sexual assault, false imprisonment and negligence.

She claims she was sexually assaulted by who she was dating on the show, and said due to the nature of the show filming contestants all the time, the act must have been caught on camera. In a joint statement provided to Variety, the companies said: “We support and stand with victims of sexual assault, but Ms Dang’s claims against the producers are meritless.”

In 2022 Jeremy Hartwell, who was only on the show for a week, sued Netflix over “inhumane working conditions”. Hartwell alleged the cast were made to wait hours for food and water during their first 24 hours of filming and were encouraged to drink on an empty stomach.

At the time, Kinetic released a statement which said: “Mr Hartwell’s involvement in season two of Love Is Blind lasted less than one week. Unfortunately, for Mr Hartwell, his journey ended early after he failed to develop a significant connection with any other participant. While we will not speculate as to his motives for filing the lawsuit, there is absolutely no merit to Mr Hartwell’s allegations, and we will vigorously defend against his claims.”

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.