Gypsy Rose Aleah friends

Are Gypsy Rose Blanchard and her neighbour Aleah Woodmansee still friends?

Aleah acted as Gypsy’s confidant and knew about her relationship with Nicholas Godejohn

Gypsy Rose Blanchard was released from prison last week after serving eight years behind bars for the murder of her mother Dee Dee Blanchard in 2016. Aleah Woodmansee and Gypsy Rose were friends in real life as well as being next-door neighbours.

The two were described as having a “big sister” relationship, and whilst Aleah cooperated with the police throughout the trial process, she also supported Gypsy Rose. So, now that Gypsy Rose has been released from prison is she still friends with Aleah?

Gypsy Rose and Aleah communicated through a Facebook account that Gypsy created under the alias Emma Rose. Gypsy wrote on the account: “This is my personal account, my mom is still overprotective so she doesn’t know about this account.”

In a 2018 interview, Aleah described how Gypsy just wanted to be a regular teen: “She would show interest in like different boys and try to ask me advice on like, you know, ‘How do you approach them? How do you kiss a boy?'”

Gypsy Rose and Aleah were close friends and she acted as Gypsy’s confidant. She was one of the few people who knew about Gypsy’s boyfriend Nicolas Godejohn after he and Gypsy met on a Christian dating site: “It was like some kind of magnificent fairy tale was unfolding.”

But despite their close relationship, Gypsy’s mother Dee Dee made it incredibly difficult for them to be friends. Aleah explained: “Her mom was very set on Gypsy having the mentality of a seven-year-old and didn’t appreciate me talking to Gypsy like someone my age.”

Dee Dee was also lying to Gypsy about Aleah in order to push them apart. “I couldn’t trust Aleah because my mother was starting to put things in my head that Aleah wasn’t my true friend and that she was a bad influence on me, so I couldn’t be friends with her anymore.”

After the murder of Dee Dee, Aleah remembered the relationship Gypsy had with Nicolas and informed the police about him.

Following the prison sentence of Gypsy Rose, Aleah explained in an interview that she would still support her childhood friend. She said: “Obviously there’s more to it than anybody ever knew and so I believe that everybody deserves some kind of support whether or not they agree with what they did.”

She attended every preliminary hearing after Gypsy’s arrest, telling Fox 5 News:“I always wanted to keep supporting her because I know she didn’t just do this for no reason and just because she’s an evil person.”