Pete Wicks Sam Thompson friendship

A look inside Sam Thompson and Pete Wicks’ insanely wholesome and iconic bromance

The ultimate golden retriever and black cat energy duo

Sam Thompson’s energy on I’m A Celebrity has been compared to that of a golden retriever, and if that’s the case then his best friend Pete Wicks 100 per cent has black cat energy. With Pete Wicks constantly showing his support for Sam Thompson whilst he’s on I’m A Celebrity, the two honestly have such a wholesome friendship that I need to know everything about.

From how they first met, to their hilarious podcast, let’s look inside the adorable bromance between Pete and Sam.

They first met on Celebs Go Dating

Sam and Pete’s friendship first blossomed on Celebs Go Dating back in 2018, with the two of them even going on a double date together.

While neither of them managed to find love on the sixth series of the E4 dating show, they did leave with an incredible bromance that has lasted longer than most relationships off of the show. Sam showed his appreciation to Pete after the show ended, writing on Instagram: “What a guy @p_wicks01 you don’t see it all, but learned a lot of lessons from this dude having some self-confidence being one of them. Love you long time my man.”

I’m tearing up already.

They had their own TV show together

The show was called Pete and Sam’s Reality News and was on E4, YouTube and Snapchat. In each episode, Pete and Sam would discuss reality TV news and updates.

And now have their own podcast

@stayingrelevantpodcast

Give the people what they want! Here is the much-requested clip from last week’s episode. It’s even better than you think it is. #samandpete #podcast #stayingrelevant #gkbarry @Samthompsonuk @Grace

♬ original sound – Staying Relevant

Sam and Pete now have their own podcast that genuinely has me in pain because it makes me laugh so hard. It’s called Staying Relevant, and the duo started the podcast last year. Since starting it they’ve had loads of famous guests on the podcast, including GK Barry, Chloe Burrows, The Whitehalls and Sammy Root.

Pete once hilariously revealed on the podcast that Sam deliberately edits Pete’s hairline in every picture to make it look like he’s slowly balding. Iconic behaviour.

Sam forces Pete to do silly dances and skits with him

@samthompsonuk

I wish i’d filmed a behind the scenes for this from pete! the anger was palpable 😂

♬ run it by chris brown remix – nrlsbest

Sam forces Pete to film TikTok dances with him, and the pure rage that seeps off Pete is something you can literally sense through the screen. The two often film Instagram ads together, and despite Pete looking like he hates every second of the dances, I reckon he secretly loves it.

Pete is going to meet Sam at the end of the I’m A Celeb bridge

In the ultimate bromance move, Pete has said that he’s going to be the one meeting Sam at the end of the I’m A Celebrity bridge, rather than Sam’s girlfriend Zara. Pete said on the radio: “ITV wanted me to go because I need to protect Ant and Dec from Sam when he comes out otherwise there could be some sort of restraining order happening.

“It wasn’t a competition with Zara – it was always going to be me! To be fair, Sam and I thought she’d still be in Strictly because we didn’t realise how bad she was at dancing!”

If Pete doesn’t pick Sam up and twirl him around when they see each other, I don’t want it.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook