John Lewis Christmas advert song

Ok, so who is singing in the new John Lewis Christmas advert 2023?

Why does it sound like the Go Compare man

Whip out the mulled wine because it’s officially Christmas! Yep the John Lewis Christmas advert 2023 is finally out which marks the start of when it’s socially acceptable to start being excited for Christmas.

The advert was released today but people are saying it’s the worst one yet. Yikes! This year’s ad follows Snapper the Venus flytrap and Alfie who accidentally grows him instead of a Christmas tree.

But who is singing in the John Lewis Christmas advert 2023?

Breaking away from tradition, this year’s John Lewis advert isn’t actually soundtracked to an emotional cover of a classic song but is an original song written for the advert.

The John Lewis Christmas advert 2023 song is called “La Festa” and is sung by world-famous opera singer Andrea Bocelli. The 65-year-old singer is often described as “the most successful classical artist of all time.” It was written and produced by Le Feste Antonacci.

The title means “party” or “celebration” in Italian. The song only has one line which is La Vita Na Festa, which translates to Life Is A Party.

The John Lewis Christmas advert 2023 song will be released in a longer form charity single, with a proportion of proceeds going to the John Lewis Partnership’s Building Happier Futures charities, which aims to help care-experienced young people and families.

Speaking about singing in the advert, Andrea Bocelli said: “I am delighted to take part in this wonderful and unique tradition of Christmas storytelling. It is very special for me given the great support this will bring to both the John Lewis and Andrea Bocelli foundations. Joy to all of your worlds this Christmas!”

If you haven’t seen it already, here’s the advert: