Sydney Sweeney birthday party

Giant cakes and the Barbie cast: Inside Sydney Sweeney’s ’80s prom-themed birthday party

This is so 13 Going on 30 coded I could scream

Now the weather has turned cold and Gilmore Girls re-run season is here, there are few parties most of us would actively – genuinely – get fomo from. But last night Sydney Sweeney had the whole internet in a chokehold when she posted pics from her ’80’s prom-themed 26th birthday party. The Peltz-Beckhams were there, candid polaroids were taken of every guest, she had a stairway photoshoot with her besties— it was so adorable I actually can’t.

Sydney shared a reel to Instagram of her blowing out her three-tiered cake, doing the limbo in front of a balloon arch and getting on stage to give a speech, to the theme appropriate soundtrack: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.

The guest list was, obv, full of stars: Emily Tosta, Queer Eye’s Tan France, Barbie cast Ariana Greenblatt and Alexandra Shipp, Euphoria makeup artist Donni Davy and TikTok’s Dylan Mulvaney. Immaculate vibes.

The main thing we need to talk about here though is Sydney’s absolute wow fit. She had a curly blow out Olivia Newton John would applaud, a hot-pink puff-sleeved satin mini dress which actually should have featured in the Barbie movie and a bedazzled mini bag which definitely couldn’t hold more than lipgloss but, tbh, what else does she need. Obsessed.

“The cutest birthday @sydney_sweeney. A dream for us homeschooled kids that didn’t have a prom,” wrote Emily Tosta on Instagram. “My first prom thanks to the bday girl @sydney_sweeney U deserve the best!!!” added singer Anitta. Get us on the invite list next year, I beg.