The Phillip Schofield This Morning scandal to be made into an ‘uncomfortable’ TV series

The Runner will ‘mirror how the scandal unfolded’

In May, news emerged that This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield had been having an “unwise but not illegal” affair with a much younger colleague. Now, the Phillip Schofield scandal is coming to a TV show – in what has been described as an “uncomfortable” series.

The 61-year-old quit the show back in May when news of the affair was publicised, and since then has pretty much gone off-grid. His co-host Holly Willoughby took her annual summer break following the news, and has recently returned to This Morning, now hosting alongside Josie Gibson.

Schofield was ditched by his management and dropped from endorsement deals, and is now said to have been “blacklisted” by TV channels as he attempts to make some sort of career comeback in showbiz.

Phillip had claimed he lied to his colleagues about the affair – and said he apologised to Holly by text for not being honest with her, and she allegedly never responded.

Phillip Schofield This Morning affair to be made into TV show

via ITV

According to The Sun, deep details of Phillip’s affair will now be shown in the proposed drama. The drama is said to be working with a title of “The Runner” and will “mirror how the scandal unfolded”.

A source said: “A production company’s started work and they think the series would be a perfect fit for Channel 4. The storyline will reflect what went on. People have seen it from the outside but the drama will give a perspective on what may have occurred behind-closed-doors. It could make for uncomfortable viewing for Phil and ITV.”

The show is said to also be planning to not shy away from how the affair changed Phillip’s relationship with co-host Holly, a friendship which is now reported to have completely broken down.

This comes as it was recently reported Phillip was trying to make a comeback to showbiz, but had been “blacklisted” by TV channels.

Schofield had been spotted out having dinner with friend Vanessa Feltz, who reportedly attempted to reach out to TV channels to help Phillip relaunch his career. An insider revealed to OK!: “Vanessa was putting the feelers out to TalkTV producers about Phil having a segment there, but they gave her a hard ‘no’. He’s almost been blacklisted from TV.”

For all the latest celebrity and entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.