This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield blacklisted from TV

Phillip Schofield’s plan to return to presenting fails as he’s ‘blacklisted from TV’

The presenter previously said he feared he’d never return to showbiz

Plans for disgraced This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield to make a comeback to TV work have failed, as it’s been said he’s been “blacklisted” by TV channels. The news broke in May that Schofield had an “unwise but not illegal” affair with a much younger colleague on the show.

Schofield has recently been spotted out having dinner with friend Vanessa Feltz, who has reportedly attempted to reach out to TV channels to help Phillip relaunch his career.

An insider revealed to OK!: “Vanessa was putting the feelers out to TalkTV producers about Phil having a segment there, but they gave her a hard ‘no’. He’s almost been blacklisted from TV.”

The source added TV channels have been “keeping their distance” from Phillip since the scandal. Speaking about a potential move to TalkTV, Phillip’s lawyer added he hadn’t “heard anything to that effect from him.”

Sources close to Phillip Schofield have previously said he doesn’t see himself ever having a comeback or going back to work in presenting again, and this has hit him hard. A friend of Phillip’s said: “Phillip has been very, very down recently. He doesn’t know how he is going to work again. Phillip is pretty sure that he is done.

“He keeps saying he will never work again. It’s devastating for him to realise but he also knows that there is not a lot he can do about it. He doesn’t know who will take him. He knows there is no way back to ITV or the BBC.”

Sources close to Schofield say his friends are trying to encourage him to think that he can have a “fulfilling life” away from show business. Another source added: “Just because he may not be on telly again doesn’t mean he can’t enjoy his life. Phil isn’t so sure though.”

For all the latest celebrity and entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.