There was a very awkward editing error during the Love Island 2023 final last night

Why did they do this? Lol

There was a very awkward, but hilarious, editing error in the big final of Love Island 2023 last night. I don’t know about you, but I spotted it straight away, and couldn’t help but ask: Why did ITV even do this?!

There was no waiting around – as the editing error came right at the start of the Love Island 2023 final episode, as the boys were sent off to the barbers for a pamper session. We saw the boys head out the villa to get their hair cut, whilst the girls stayed in the villa and had a spa morning.

As the boys headed into the barbers, they each took a seat as though they were about to get the full works done. They spoke about getting their hair cut, seemed to have some treatments, and then left.

Editing error with the boys at the barbers during Love Island 2023 final

via ITV

via ITV

Next thing, the boys are all sat down writing their declarations of love and they look… exactly the same. Not a single hair has been taken off any of their heads. Ummm, explain? Zach was literally looking desperate for a good trim.

via ITV

via ITV

It clearly didn’t go unnoticed, as loads of people on Twitter were laughing about the moment. “Zach’s hair looks longer after the barber,” one person said. “What did the barber do? The boys look the same,” another added. Someone else said the whole scene was fake.

It wasn’t until later on in the show that the boys looked as though they’d been groomed. So like, was the trip to the barber just for show and then someone came into the villa later to do their hair? Was it all shown to us in the wrong order? ITV, why did you feel the need to show it us this way? Just show it how it happened!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.