Jesse says viewers were shown a ‘caricature version’ of him on MAFS Australia

It comes after his followers say he is ‘so different’ on social media

Married at First Sight Australia groom Jesse Burford has clapped back at his followers who have said he acts differently online, in comparison to how he was on the experiment.

Jesse was in a couple with Claire during the series and after several bumps in the road, they eventually decided to leave the experiment. Jesse has previously hit out at the show over his portrayal and he has continued to do so in a rant on Instagram.

In an Instagram story, former MAFS Australia 2023 groom Jesse set the record straight about his behaviour in and outside the experiment.

via Nine Network Australia

“Another one I keep getting as well is, ‘Wow you’re so different on your Instagram than you were on the show’. First of all, if you think that, guys I empathise with you, because you’ve been shown a caricature version of me on the show,” he said in a series of stories on Instagram.

“Every single day when I’m on my Instagram I feel more [like I’m] coming back into who I was, who I am. Nothing’s going to change.”

He continued: “So if you think I’m so different on my social media compared to TV, here’s a takeaway, that’s reality TV. You are served up a version of the cast that they want you to see. Some people can see through it, but most of us just gobble it up.”

Jesse added that if his followers think he is different since the series, then his MAFS Australia 2023 co-stars could be also.

For all the latest Married at First Sight news and gossip, iconic memes and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.