Jessie Wynter hospital

Love Island’s Jessie Wynter was rushed to hospital after her drink was spiked

‘There were other girls arriving in the exact same condition’

Love Island 2023’s Jessie Wynter has revealed she was a rushed to hospital after her drink was spiked while on a night out. Jessie previously told her followers she was in hospital but hadn’t revealed why.

In an Instagram post detailing what happened to her, Jessie urged her followers to ensure they are “careful” when putting their drinks down at bars and clubs.

“I wasn’t sure if I should post this as I felt so embarrassed but the other night I was unfortunately rushed to hospital after my drink was spiked,” she began.

“I was so lucky that I was with Will and he looked after me throughout the whole time especially because it was so scary. It was such an awful and scary situation to be in and it breaks my heart that is something people need to look out for.”

Jessie and Will have currently been travelling around the world and were recently in the US after travelling to Australia to meet Jessie’s family.

The former Islander continued: “If you’re out drinking please always make sure you’re with someone who you trust and please be careful when setting your drinks down or accepting drinks from others. It’s so sad that this even has to be a reminder but unfortunately it’s the harsh reality.

“I’m so grateful to have been around so many supportive people who got me safely to hospital.”

Jessie revealed a number of other girls also arrived at the hospital she was at, in the “exact same condition” as her. She said a nurse told them they had all tested with the “same thing” in their system.

“I felt so embarrassed that this had happened to me and felt like this was all my fault and I can imagine others have been in the same position may feel the same but this is your reminder that this is not at all your fault and it’s nothing to be embarrassed about,” she wrote on Instagram.

Jessie thanked her followers for the “lovely messages” and said: “I pray that this doesn’t happen to any of you out there. I also send love to anyone else who has been put in the same or worse situations.”

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.