From Maura to Toby: All the Love Island 2023 cast and their links to previous Islanders

Did the producers even try to cast people outside these circles?

Every year there are Islanders with links to previous cast members, but the Love Island 2023 bunch seem to have more than ever. The producers always keep their circle small, but this year it’s like they had to put together a cast list purely from people who were already on the radar.

Usually there are a couple of cast members who might have brushed shoulders with other Islanders in the past, but this year loads of the lineup consider previous Islanders among their closest friends, or have dated them before.

Here is a rundown of all the Love Island 2023 cast members who have links to previous Islanders.

Molly Marsh

Has links to: Molly-Mae Hague, Maura Higgins, Siannise Fudge, Jourdan Riane, Olivia Attwood, Tommy Fury, Jack Keating

Love Island 2023 cast members who have links to previous Islanders

via Instagram @mollygracemarsh

Let’s get the big one out of the way first – Molly Marsh basically has connections to every Islander, ever. Molly was already big in the influencer world before entering Love Island 2023, and through this came fit with multiple previous links to Islanders.

She’s met queen of Love Island herself Molly-Mae at events, as well as Maura Higgins, Siannise Fudge and Jourdan Riane. Molly also met with Olivia Attwood and they did a “quick fire questions” video to promote Getting Filthy Rich, Olivia’s documentary series.

Molly also has some Islanders among her exes. When she entered the villa, people found an old clip where Molly said she’d previously dated Tommy Fury, and she was reportedly “flirty texting” Casa Amor’s Jack Keating before the show.

Tyrique Hyde

Has links to: Toby Aromolaran

via Instagram @tobyaromolaran

When he joined the cast of Love Island 2023, footballer Tyrique explained his links to fellow Islander and footballer, Toby. Tyrique and the 2021 finalist are best mates, and have known each other for years before both of their villa days. “We grew up together and were in the same class at school,” Tyrique said.

Mitchel Taylor

Has links to: Jack Fincham

@laurenfoster_97

When your boyfriend meets jack from love island🙌🏼😂 #loveisland #foryou #fyp #foryoupage

♬ original sound – Lauren Foster

This is a loose link, but a link nonetheless. Earlier in the series, it all came out that Mitchel had cheated on his ex-girlfriend with two other girls. The girlfriend wasn’t happy, and has been posting some TikToks nodding at her relationship with Mitchel.

Well, further down on her TikTok account you’ll see that Mitchel met Love Island 2018 winner Jack Fincham on a night out, and had him give his ex a little shoutout. Didn’t age well that one, did it?

Catherine Agbaje

Has links to: Tanya Manhenga

via Instagram

Catherine is friends with winter Islander, Tanya. When Catherine was announced as part of the summer lineup this year, Tanya shared Love Island’s post and called Catherine “my girl”.

Zachariah Noble

Has links to: Jack Fowler

via Instagram @zachariah_noble97

Zachariah is mates with Love Island 2018’s Jack Fowler. People called Zach “Jack Fowler 2.0” when he entered the villa, but little did they know they’re friends, and have pictures on Instagram of them hanging out!

Leah Taylor

Has links to: Maura Higgins, Danny Williams, Tasha Ghouri, Stephanie Lam

via Instagram @leahjtaylorr

Love Island 2023 isn’t the first run-in with the show Leah has had. Her ex is 2019 Islander Danny Williams, and she counts Maura Higgins and Tasha Ghouri among her closest friends.

According to reports, Danny and Leah began dating back in November 2020, and went to Iceland together last year. They’ve since broken up, and unfollowed each other on Instagram.

Leah is besties with Maura, and has been on multiple holidays and trips with her. Leah also posted a photo dump of a “girls’ trip” and 2018 Islander Stephanie Lam was there. Plus, Tasha Ghouri from 2022 constantly comments on Leah’s photos on Instagram.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.