Mitchel from the cast of Love Island 2023 and his ex girlfriend

Mitchel’s ex has laid into him claiming he ‘disrespected’ her and cheated with two other girls

This is the same guy who said he was going to be the ‘gentleman’ of Love Island 2023

Guys, we’re only a day into the show and already exes of the Islanders are coming for blood. The childhood sweetheart ex of Love Island 2023’s Mitchel is the latest to come out the woodwork, accusing him of cheating and branding him “disrespectful”.

According to The Sun, Lauren Foster was left “heartbroken” by Mitchel, after learning he was seeing two other girls during their four year relationship.

She has posted videos to TikTok talking about an “ex” and calling them disrespectful and a cheat. In her videos, she said: “When you’re single and know you’re not getting cheated on,” and said “when everyone expects you to be depressed after a breakup but you’re living your best life because your ex fucked up more than once.”

A source told The Sun: “Mitch and Lauren met when they were young and it was an ongoing saga of him dumping her for someone he thought was better, then begging for another chance. It was a toxic spiral that bashed her self-esteem.”

The source added it may have been up to three girls Mitchel cheated with, but when asked if he had ever cheated in a past relationship, Mitchel said no.

He told The Sun: “To be honest with you, I went through a patch of dating two… well, I broke up with both of them but I was still speaking to both of them at the same time, single. Them two found out that I was speaking to them both.”

In his initial interview with ITV when heading into the villa, Mitchel kinda dropped that he’s a big name in his ends, and maybe for the wrong reasons. “I feel like I’m known in Sheffield as ‘someone’s ex’, so it’s nice to have a fresh start and to switch off from distractions and to focus on finding the perfect girl for me,” he said.

He added he “thrives” on being gentleman. “I’ll shower you with flowers, I’ll take you on dates, I’ll fill your bedside draw with your favourite sweets and chocolate,” he said. “I’ve been single, I’ve had my fun, and now I want to settle down now.”

Speaking to The Sun, he added: “In Sheffield, I’ve not really got a good reputation. I’ve dated quite well known girls and then since I’ve dated them, I’ve built up a rep but I’m not a bad person or anything.”

Talking about their relationship on TikTok, Lauren said she and Mitchel were together for three years, and then broke up because they were “young” and it “wasn’t the right time”. She said they got back together around eight months later, and we’re “happier than ever”.

However, they’re not together now and since then all her videos about exes have been less than positive. Her claims have come since then, so clearly she’s claiming something went down before they broke up for the second time.

Despite the show only just having started, Mitchel isn’t the first Love Island 2023 cast member to have been accused by an ex of cheating. A previous girlfriend of newbie George came forward last week, and claimed the same thing about him, too.

In a video, George’s ex accused him of being a “cheat”, a “liar” and a “narcissist”. In the clip, she alleged George “begged” her for money, and he “never split a bill”. She went on to claim George was “controlling” over what she would wear, and would “put down her appearance”. She claimed he “constantly lied and made empty promises”.

Charity Women’s Aid issued a statement following the claims, and said it hopes Love Island will “take allegations seriously” about George. He too denied cheating, and said the public will be able to see his true character on the show.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.