Introducing Leah: The dancer and Love Island 2023 bombshell with an Islander ex already

She’s also best mates with Maura Higgins and Tasha Ghouri!

It’s getting hot in here! Love Island 2023 is getting juicy, and now the producers have gone and thrown in Leah, a bombshell who already has Islander exes and best friends. Wild.

Leah is joining the villa alongside Charlotte, and between them they will definitely mix things up and change the dynamic amongst the cast members.

So, as even more drama unfolds, here’s everything you need to know about Leah Taylor.

Leah Taylor from the cast of Love Island 2023

via ITV

New Love Island bombshell Leah is 27 and is a business owner

Love Island 2023 bombshell Leah is from Manchester. She’s 27, and currently works as a business owner, specialising in social media marketing.

According to her LinkedIn, Leah founded Begin With Social, a marketing agency, in 2019. “With vast personal experience in social media management, influencer marketing and influencing, I applied her skills and knowledge to start helping multiple businesses,” her page reads.

When asked why Love Island, Leah said: “I’ve realised through past experiences exactly what I want in life when it comes to love. I’m ready to find it now and I’m not going to wait around. I’ve figured out what it is that I look for in a person, which means my bar is set really high.”

via Instagram @leahjtaylorr

Leah has said she’ll bring fun and positive vibes to the Love Island 2023 villa

Leah said she’ll bring “lots of fun, positive vibes, good advice and hopefully all the love that I’m ready to give to the right guy” to the villa this year.

“I would say I honestly have so much love to give and being in love is the best thing you can ever experience,” she added. “I’m ready for everything that comes with it and the hardships you have to go through in order to make that commitment and find the one.”

When asked how her friends and family would describe her, Leah said they’d call her “a bit silly”. She added: “I’m always the person making stupid videos or doing something daft. I’m definitely fun and very go-with-the-flow type of girl.”

Leah has already dated a Love Island star, and her best mate is ex-Islander Maura Higgins

via Instagram

Love Island 2023 isn’t the first run-in with the show Leah has had. Her ex is 2019 Islander Danny Williams, and she counts Maura Higgins and Tasha Ghouri among her closest friends.

According to reports, Danny and Leah began dating back in November 2020, and went to Iceland together last year. They’ve since broken up, and unfollowed each other on Instagram. Leah is besties with Maura, and Tasha constantly comments on her photos on Instagram.

Ahead of joining the cast this year, Leah was asked her favourite Love Island moment of all time, and of course she gave a special shoutout to her best mate. “My favourite thing I’ve ever watched is Maura’s best bits, she’s one of my best friends so we watched it together one night and couldn’t stop laughing, she’s hilarious,” Leah said.

via Instagram

Maura and Tasha both commented on the post Love Island shared on Instagram about Leah joining the cast this year.

She’s also a dancer, with a pretty big claim to fame

Leah is also a trained dancer, and said her claim to fame is she danced at the EMAs and danced for Rita Ora and Camila Cabello.

Oh and fun fact? Leah can do a backflip which she said has been her party trick since she trained in dance – yes, she’s said she’ll bring that one out in the villa.

via Instagram @leahjtaylorr

What gives Leah the ick?

Let’s get the proper business out the way – what gives Leah the ick? “When a guy has a yoghurt and takes the lid off and licks it,” she said. “Another one is when guys try to shout and they don’t have a shouting voice. I’m only little but I can shout the house down if I need to.” Fair enough.

She said if she had to pick three qualities for an ideal partner she would say good morals, being family orientated and having similar goals. “We have to have the same morals,” she said. “They have to be family oriented because I am and I want my family to be a part of our relationship. The last one is that they have to share the same goals.”

Leah said she’s single because she “hasn’t yet found a person who wants the same things as me.” She said she’s “had some great experiences with love but nothing worth settling for.”

Ahead of Love Island, Leah already had 31k followers on Instagram

via Instagram @leahjtaylorr

Obviously Leah is a bit of a name already, with connections in all the right places, so she had over 30k followers before even being announced as part of Love Island. If you imagine your perfect Islander-come-influencer feed, that’s what Leah has. It’s all nude walls, bikini pics, selfies and holidays. Her handle is @leahjtaylorr.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.