Meet Charlotte: The dental nurse who’s ready to bring some drama to Love Island 2023

‘I’m hard work but I’m worth it’

Guys, Love Island is Love Islanding. It’s been a while but finally this series appears to be giving us the drama we’ve craved for oh so long. We’ve just been introduced to two new bombshells, one of which being Charlotte, who looks as though she could bring something new to Love Island 2023.

Charlotte has said she’s looking for her Mr Right, and will be hard work for the boys in the villa, “but worth it”. Here’s everything you need to know about Charlotte Sumner, as she heads into the Love Island 2o23 villa.

Charlotte Sumner from the cast of Love Island 2023

via ITV

New Love Island bombshell Charlotte is 30 and from Bournemouth

New Islander Charlotte is one of the oldest contestants this year so far, aged 30. She’s from Bournemouth and currently works as a dental nurse.

When asked why Love Island, Charlotte said: “Friends and family kept telling me to apply for Love Island so I thought, why not? The age I’m at and the experiences I’ve had, I feel ready to meet my Mr Right.”

via Instagram @charlottesumner_x

Charlotte says she’ll bring fun and loyalty to the Love Island 2023 villa

Charlotte said she’ll bring fun to the villa this year, and added: “I’m very genuine, I’m a girls’ girl, I give good advice but sometimes I need to take the advice that I give to my girls.” She described herself as “fun, spontaneous, kind, caring and loyal.”

She added that she’s “hard work but I’m worth it” and when asked how her friends and family would describe her, Charlotte said: “Fun, caring, bubbly and confident. I’m up for anything too, they’d say I’m adventurous.”

via Instagram @charlottesumner_x

What gives Charlotte the ick?

It’s always the most important question – and when asked what gives her the ick, Charlotte was *very* specific. “When guys do fancy dress and they’re dressed up as a piece of toast or an old woman,” she said. Umm, Charlotte? How many times has this happened to you?

She said the three things she needs in an ideal partner are sexual attraction, as well as them being kind-hearted and laid-back. Charlotte said she’s single because she’s “not met someone who ticks all of the boxes and I’ve got quite a long list.”

Ahead of Love Island, Charlotte had 3.6k followers on Instagram

via Instagram @charlottesumner_x

As she joined the cast of Love Island, Charlotte had just over 3.6k followers on Instagram. She only has 24 posts, but they’re pretty much all selfies and pictures of her with cocktails in hand – so you get a pretty good idea of her vibe. Her handle is @charlottesumner_x.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.