ruchee love island relationship

Ok, was Ruchee actually still in a relationship when she applied for Love Island?

Let’s debunk the rumours

Love Island has only been back on our screens for two episodes and 24-year-old beautician Ruchee is already a little bit of an icon. Seriously, she’s a joy to watch – every image I see of this girl in the villa she’s smiling. Like, legit, having the time of her life on the UK’s biggest reality show. Good for her.

But, this week a troubling allegation emerged online about our gal Ruchee. Fans think they’ve figured out she was actually in a relationship when she applied for the show due to some suspect single era timelines. But is there any truth behind the allegations? Let’s take a closer look to find out:

ruchee love island relationship

Right, was Ruchee in a relationship when she applied for Love Island?

During season ten of Love Island’s opening episode, Ruchee revealed she’d been single for four months. “Single four months means you wrote your Love Island application in the relationship. Her ex deffo text her safe flight,” one person Tweeted. “Her ex needs to come in as a bombshell for revenge,” added another.

As numerous viewers pointed out, Love Island 2023 applications opened long before Ruchee was single and the contestant recruitment process can be long and gruelling. But that doesn’t necessarily mean Ruchee was in a relationship when she started to think about going on the show. Here’s why:

ruchee love island relationship

Ruchee didn’t apply to be a Love Island contestant – she was scouted

Although applications for Love Island are seriously lengthy, the process of being scouted has a much quicker turn around, with some contestants packing their bags a matter of days before entering the villa. And Ruchee was one of the Islanders who was hand selected for the show – rather than charming her way in.

In fact, Ruchee was first scouted to be on Love Island a few years ago. “They reached out to me again, a couple of months ago, and then I was like, ‘You know what, this is a sign,'” she told Radio Times. “Second time. I’m single. I’m grown. Like, I’m 24, I’ve got my s**t together. So let me just try it and like, you know, apply for it. So yeah, I did it and now I’m here.”

Verdict: She’s innocent ladies and gentlemen x

ruchee love island relationship

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.