Tom love island football

Love Island’s Tom Clare quits his football career after only two months back on the pitch

He’s entering his influencer era

Tom Clare has officially quit his football career at Macclesfield Town FC after only eight weeks back on the pitch post leaving the winter Love Island villa. Managers at Macclesfield FC allowed Tom to keep his contract while he appeared on the show, but now he’s decided to explore other “opportunities” instead of playing for the club.

“@thesilkmen Where do I start,” he wrote on Instagram. “This club has been right behind me throughout everything, the most I’ve ever enjoyed my football has been at this special club, the good times are unmatched and we’ve created memories that I will remember for the rest of my life.

“The decision for me to leave has been my decision and has been so tough, but now in my life there’s just too many opportunities that I just cannot turn down and moving down to London plays a huge part in that,” Tom added. “Football is my passion and has been in me since I could walk, I don’t see it as a job.

“For the time being I’m taking a step back to focus on other things, but I will never quit football and will keep myself is the best possible shape throughout all of this.”

Tom has been playing for Macclesfield FC since 2021 and even took his Love Island partner Samie, who he announced his split from last month, to sit in the stands and watch him train. “First weekend at home showing Samie around up North meeting all my family & friends,” he wrote on Instagram at the time.

“Such a good day seeing this one in his natural habitat,” Samie added. “Thank you to all the lads for welcoming me! I loved being part of the team for the day. Catch me in the stands for the foreseeable.” But now both Tom’s relationship and his time at the club have come to an end.

“Didn’t think I’d be writing this but me & Samie have gone [our] separate ways,” Tom explained of the split. “We are still on good terms & I have nothing but love & respect for her. I’m gutted it’s come to an end but I truly wish Samie the best.”

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook