MAFS Australia reunion Jesse Claire

Jesse shuts down rumours he and Claire are back together following the MAFS Australia reunion

He’s not best pleased!

Married at First Sight Australia groom Jesse Burford has shut down rumours surrounding his and Claire’s relationship following the reunion episodes.

Jesse was matched with Claire during the experiment but their relationship broke down after Claire kissed another groom and kept it from Jesse. Now, since the reunion that has already aired in Australia, Jesse has made it clear there are no chance that he and Claire will get back together.

MAFS Australia groom Jesse set the record straight about the reunion with Claire in a Facebook post and wrote: “Allow me to clarify. Almost everything I say about Claire that night has been craftily edited to appear that there’s still a chance for us.”

via Nine Network Australia

He continued: “I actually spent the entire drive to the reunion talking about how I wasn’t keen on seeing Claire or Adam and how I wanted to mostly be by myself that night. What you saw was Claire and I simply being polite, friendly and kind to each other. No need for a fight.”

When the cast found out about the cheating scandal, Jesse and Claire remained in the experiment for a little while longer and it seemed like there was a glimmer of hope for the two. They eventually decided to leave the experiment after Harrison made a comment about how genuine Claire is.

Jesse rounded off his statement by saying he will always tell the truth. “At the end of the day, my honesty and integrity isn’t what needs to be questioned, because I’m always going to tell you the truth, clarify things and set it straight.”

The MAFS Australia reunion airs on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th. Click here to find out more about the MAFS Australia reunion between Claire and Jesse.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, iconic memes and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.